News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ntw456 on January 23, 2016, 07:01:29 PM
There from derby i think
Derby don't have any 57 plate single deckers.
Possibly some of the Omnilinks from there?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: 2206 on January 23, 2016, 07:06:18 PM
Derby don't have any 57 plate single deckers.
Possibly some of the Omnilinks from there?

They're K230UB/CN94UB OmniCities that Derby have. Wouldn't mind the older ones if this talk is true.

Quote from: Bob on January 23, 2016, 06:35:12 PM
If its from another garage it'll either be the knackered ex Stafford ones or the Centros. ..nice upgrade lol

Those 57 plates are hardly knackered. They're abit untidy is the reply I'm expecting from you. In which case, wowew. Dont knock good buses!

ntw456

I hope it is true i wouldnt mind driving them tbh

BN

Quote from: ntw456 on January 23, 2016, 04:06:21 PM
Just saw that 3793 has been de branded anyone know why?

All the pye greens are being debranded.

Busman Jamie

Are they staying on at CK?

PM

Just surprising and interesting that newer investment seems to be going out of Cannock and Wednesfield, Cannock is crying out for MAX upgrades on some of the longer interurban routes, if it was in the North East/Yorkshire division there would be several routes already branded and promoted as such, 70, 60 and others, Sapphire is good for routes already paying well as per the 110 but for less successful routes like the 1/2 (notable Arriva have never published figures /celebrated the anniversary of the upgrade like the 110 which would suggest it hasn't been particularly successful).

Potentially the Sapphire conversion increasing costs not matched by revenue increases then forced them to slash back/redeploy assets. So then any benefit from the new buses is eroded by the slashed frequencies so not a lot of growth.

MAX on the other hand incorporates less high tech but still very noticeable improvements for the passenger for routes that could never, although profitable, make Sapphire pay. Then perhaps when patronage increases, as it has hugely on some NE routes, they can subsequently be upgraded to Sapphire!

I'm not slating Arriva or Arriva Midlands before anyone suggests that I am, Arriva across the board are at the cutting edge of the industry in too many initiatives to name, App, Live Tracker, M Tickets, route upgrades etc etc. I just think they should use initiatives from other divisions, share ideas to improve the overall business and also be cautious about excessive route changing, keep your strength of an established network passengers understand, then when any competition starts hold your ground and passengers will appreciate you are the established choice and create some brand loyalty.

BK63 YWP

I agree with you @DiamondDart, the midlands is crying out for  max. I have been on these max services in west yorkshire and it shows that when Arriva invests in an area it works out i.e. 110 from Wakefield to Leeds 2014 they were operated by Geminis, always busy and now its sapphire e400s and its better than ever. I rode on a max 261 wakey to dewsbury and it was comfortable and nice buses.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Ashley 60171

Quote from: ntw456 on January 23, 2016, 07:18:38 PM
I hope it is true i wouldnt mind driving them tbh

If not the Scanias then the only other one I can think of is transferring Leicesters B7RLE's. These wouldn't have issues on the 825 whereas a Scania might.

LG

I think the only 57 plate buses in the midlands are the centros unless they plan to cascade some in from the shires

Alex

Quote from: LG on January 24, 2016, 12:30:18 AM
I think the only 57 plate buses in the midlands are the centros unless they plan to cascade some in from the shires

3727-3731 are also 57 plates and are at Oswestry, so still in the Midlands fleet.

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 23, 2016, 08:06:57 PM
Just surprising and interesting that newer investment seems to be going out of Cannock and Wednesfield, Cannock is crying out for MAX upgrades on some of the longer interurban routes, if it was in the North East/Yorkshire division there would be several routes already branded and promoted as such, 70, 60 and others, Sapphire is good for routes already paying well as per the 110 but for less successful routes like the 1/2 (notable Arriva have never published figures /celebrated the anniversary of the upgrade like the 110 which would suggest it hasn't been particularly successful).

Potentially the Sapphire conversion increasing costs not matched by revenue increases then forced them to slash back/redeploy assets. So then any benefit from the new buses is eroded by the slashed frequencies so not a lot of growth.

MAX on the other hand incorporates less high tech but still very noticeable improvements for the passenger for routes that could never, although profitable, make Sapphire pay. Then perhaps when patronage increases, as it has hugely on some NE routes, they can subsequently be upgraded to Sapphire!

One idea would be to give the 06 plate Commanders at Cannock a good refurb, leather seat covers and something similar to the MAX livery, and promotes the MAX brand in the Midlands. Just my thoughts
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on January 23, 2016, 07:10:11 PM
They're K230UB/CN94UB OmniCities that Derby have. Wouldn't mind the older ones if this talk is true.

Those 57 plates are hardly knackered. They're abit untidy is the reply I'm expecting from you. In which case, wowew. Dont knock good buses!

Theyre not good buses.  Theyre cheap lightweight vehicle's and after years of hard work on the staffords look and sound knackered!  Compare them to nx's 56 plate B7RLE. .still smooth..smart etc..These have never even had a repaint or re trim!

Bob

Quote from: Alex on January 24, 2016, 10:11:09 AM
3727-3731 are also 57 plates and are at Oswestry, so still in the Midlands fleet.

One idea would be to give the 06 plate Commanders at Cannock a good refurb, leather seat covers and something similar to the MAX livery, and promotes the MAX brand in the Midlands. Just my thoughts

For use on which routes?

Bob

If this is true about the 7 63 plate pulsars transferring out, why would they be moving some of Cannocks newer /better buses away?

BN

Quote from: Alex on January 24, 2016, 10:11:09 AM

Those Pulsars at Oswestry are mint now!

Michael Bevan

Pulsar 2 3797 is on the Tame Bridge Parkway-Rugeley Trent Valley Rail Replacement today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk