News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I still don't understand why they need all eleven pulsars.  The 825 doesnt need that amount.  Are they upgrading other stafford services?

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on January 11, 2015, 03:17:07 PM
I still don't understand why they need all eleven pulsars.  The 825 doesnt need that amount.  Are they upgrading other stafford services?

Well the combined 825/X25 will need at least 11 buses from tomorrow (6 for the 825, 5 for the X25 if my calculations were correct, maybe one more?), assuming the X25 will continue out of Stafford garage...  Whether the X25 will be Pulsar or Versa I have no idea.

Bob

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on January 11, 2015, 03:53:53 PM
5 for the X25??????

Yes - extra for the short workings to Rugeley.  Journey time will be increased anyway having to run via Brocton Cross Roads.

Bob

Yea bit of unfortunate timing to launch a express service with major roadworks starting shortly after lol. I thought they just put anything on the short working trips. Anyone know how the X25 is performing?

Ashley

Quote from: Bob on January 11, 2015, 04:30:04 PM
Yea bit of unfortunate timing to launch a express service with major roadworks starting shortly after lol. I thought they just put anything on the short working trips. Anyone know how the X25 is performing?

I went on the 1830 ish X25 Lichfield to Stafford one day last week and end to end we carried 20 passengers including me, which was more than the 825 we were up against

Bob

X60 has been run by mainly ex stafford pulsars and a pye green one today

Bob

Are the ex 74/5 buses going to be the standard allocation for the X60? Theyve never been repainted in 7 years and you can still see where the stafford branding used to be. Looks naff compared to the citaros that were mostly used before on the tamworth stretch. Especially compared with centrals much smarter appearance

Bob

Comfortable?  Why just cos theyve got pseudo DP seats? Weirdly although the seats arent threadbare years of busy use on the staffords have left them riffy! They really smell on them. A decent steam clean or re tdim would sort them out and a respray would be a big improvement.  Especially on the rancid looking one with the turquoise rear end

Bob

Theyre abit worn out in comparison to the newer ones. Kickdown a lot...

Bob

The seats arent anything special though?  Just bus seats with a headrest that comes up to about back height,  barely any padding on the back,  compare them to the seats on w-ewu's a totally different class

Ashley

Why should it matter though? Long as you have a seat to sit on that's reasonably comfortable then what's the issue? Its a seat...

888DUK

2739 on 33 in Brownhills yesterday evening, has this moved from Telford?

BN

Quote from: 888DUK on January 17, 2015, 05:45:28 AM

It is borrowed from Reserve fleet.

888DUK

Quote from: BN on January 17, 2015, 09:55:08 AM
Quote from: 888DUK on January 17, 2015, 05:45:28 AM

It is borrowed from Reserve fleet.

Thank You

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk