News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bank Holiday Services

Started by KayP, April 10, 2012, 01:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KayP

I was just wondering why services like the Snow Hill Lines, Walsall - New St - Wolverhampton, Rugeley - New St, New St - Liverpool Lime St don't really run a bank holiday/sunday service like bus services and just run normal Monday - Friday timetables, don't get me wrong, it is very convenient, I'm not a massive fan of the Snow Hill Lines sunday timetable, but it just seems odd.

ilovetea4370

Yes, It comes in very handy having trains every 20 mins on a bank holiday!

Tomjusttom

Quote from: trident4370 on April 10, 2012, 10:15:22 AM
Yes, It comes in very handy having trains every 20 mins on a bank holiday!

Or every 10 on this side of Snow Hill...only problem us the lack of Chiltern mk3 stock on BH Mondays!

D10

I guess there must be something in the staff contracts that say they will run a normal service on Bank Hols. Otherwise they could save a fortune by running a more realistic service especially as we are always hearing about the costs of running the railways these days.

Justin Tyme

Unlike bus operators, the railways nationwide have always run a normal or near-normal service on Bank Holidays.

Tony

Except Boxing Day when the railways virtually shut down

Chris Hogan

It will be specified in the Franchise Agreement what level of service has to be operated.  Long distance operators will run a standard weekday service as Bank Holiday afternoons and evenings are very busy. 

Stu

On Bank Holidays, local trains generally operate to a Saturday level of service.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Well for this forthcoming bank holiday, I checked London Midland, and the Chase Line is running amended, Wolverhampton - New St - Walsall is running amended, but all that usually happens is that the 0749 to Wolverhampton doesn't run. Doesn't say anything about the Snow Hill Line, so I'm guessing it's running the normal Monday - Friday timetable

Quote from: Stu on May 05, 2012, 06:37:49 PM
On Bank Holidays, local trains generally operate to a Saturday level of service.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: 4504 on May 05, 2012, 10:05:24 PM
Well for this forthcoming bank holiday, I checked London Midland, and the Chase Line is running amended, Wolverhampton - New St - Walsall is running amended, but all that usually happens is that the 0749 to Wolverhampton doesn't run. Doesn't say anything about the Snow Hill Line, so I'm guessing it's running the normal Monday - Friday timetable

All LM trains to Stourbridge will run a Monday timetable

That's a relief, I travel on those trains almost, if not every day

Quote from: Tomjusttom on May 05, 2012, 11:35:27 PM
Quote from: 4504 on May 05, 2012, 10:05:24 PM

All LM trains to Stourbridge will run a Monday timetable

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk