News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2019, 08:15:06 AM
Your talking rubbish. What you are saying is he stopped, put the handbrake on, revved the engine then opened the doors at each stop? If he didn't do it in that order then the bus wouldn't stop! and it certainly wasn't 6937 which won't be in use for a few days

If the bus needs electricity then the engine doesn't stop/start for obvious reasons otherwise there might not be enough electricity for the starter motor to restart the engine

So your saying the bus had run out of electricity? I think he actually was doing what you put above. Revving the engine can't be any good for the bus mind can it?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 05, 2019, 08:30:02 AM
So your saying the bus had run out of electricity? I think he actually was doing what you put above. Revving the engine can't be any good for the bus mind can it?

No I'm not saying it had 'run out' of electricity

SK68MEV

You can the school bus driver for the 70 on the uni platinums as soon as he opens the door he releases the handbrake and quickly puts it back on and it don't turn off it just turns. On as it's turning off
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Tony

Quote from: SK68MEV on February 05, 2019, 03:32:59 PM
You can the school bus driver for the 70 on the uni platinums as soon as he opens the door he releases the handbrake and quickly puts it back on and it don't turn off it just turns. On as it's turning off

The new batch have a different stop start system to the Harborne ones, and any driver found releasing the handbrake while loading children might find himself in serious trouble.

SK68MEV

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2019, 03:40:46 PM
The new batch have a different stop start system to the Harborne ones, and any driver found releasing the handbrake while loading children might find himself in serious trouble.
he has his foot on the brake it don't roll or anything
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Tony

Quote from: SK68MEV on February 05, 2019, 05:15:48 PM
he has his foot on the brake it don't roll or anything

Doesn't matter, that is a dangerous practise. On the new platinums you cannot even control the doors with the handbrake off.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2019, 05:23:03 PM
Doesn't matter, that is a dangerous practise. On the new platinums you cannot even control the doors with the handbrake off.

Right Tony I'm on 6918 on the 9 and to start with the engine was cutting out even at traffic lights now it won't cut out at bus stops. What's happened here then?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 05, 2019, 05:41:15 PM
Right Tony I'm on 6918 on the 9 and to start with the engine was cutting out even at traffic lights now it won't cut out at bus stops. What's happened here then?

Really? The stop start works when you open the doors on the new batch. As you post so much that is incorrect on so many subjects I struggle to believe you

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2019, 06:01:26 PM
Really? The stop start works when you open the doors on the new batch. As you post so much that is incorrect on so many subjects I struggle to believe you

Don't believe me then just telling you what I observed on my journey tonight.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 05, 2019, 06:14:50 PM
Don't believe me then just telling you what I observed on my journey tonight.

Video it next time! No evidence, no one believes you.

I have been a few 68 plates and they only stop start when the door open...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on February 05, 2019, 08:19:20 PM
Video it next time! No evidence, no one believes you.

I have been a few 68 plates and they only stop start when the door open...

And when they are 'cold' they don't as the batteries are charging (It's not run out of electricity) That's how they are built.
Karl will tell you he didn't think they had stop/start originally as he only ever was on the training bus (6894) when it needed charging.

DJ

@Trident 4194 I don't think Platinums on there is that noteworthy, at least while PN have some spare. I could be wrong though.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

karl724223

Quote from: StourValley98 on February 06, 2019, 09:30:32 AM
@Trident 4194 I don't think Platinums on there is that noteworthy, at least while PN have some spare. I could be wrong though.
all totally true what tony has said about the batteries on a morning till fully charged and stop start only works when bus stopped handbreak on doors open

Jack6101

There was 3 platinums on the 126 today
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

richie

Quote from: karl724223 on February 06, 2019, 10:22:39 AM
all totally true what tony has said about the batteries on a morning till fully charged and stop start only works when bus stopped handbreak on doors open

6918 does stop start when handbrake is applied not just at bus stops. Don't know if this is a trial or it's been set up wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk