News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 22, 2018, 10:07:36 PM
Traffic on the 28? That route doesn't follow hardly any main roads. What a stupid reply.

Can i ask, do you sit and watch the 28 all day?

I have recently moved and am now on the 7, 28 and 142 routes. That means that I can watch and to be honest I haven't noticed consistent late running on the 28, yes the route has its moments but from what I see it runs well.

Remember that Christmas will be with us in a little over a month and this will mean extra traffic around the Merry Hill area from now onwards, and the will affect all bus companies services including Diamond bus.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Peak hour on a night curry bonk high street is very bad at the moment affecting all services that run up and down it to and from messy hell

DJ

Quote from: karl724223 on November 23, 2018, 12:56:37 AM
Peak hour on a night curry bonk high street is very bad at the moment affecting all services that run up and down it to and from messy hell

It always seems like that every year in the run up to Christmas, same with Saltwells Rd at times.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

the trainbasher

It doesn't help that it's timed less than 10 minutes Cradley station to Merry Hell in order to maintain the half hour service on the former 287 section

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 22, 2018, 09:23:33 PM
28 constantly runs 5 mins late? Poor timetabling or crap driving? @karl724223
Crap driving? Mr trident Please explain your observations so we,re all enlightened to your experience.

We drivers are human beings we don't all get up feeling 100% everyday, you can have your 5 a day ecetra as docs say , on those lethargic days when one is thinking really can't be arsed today I personally drive slower couldn't careless about the time table and my only goal is to complete each journey with out incident or mishap, and a saying running in my head it ain't over till the fat lady sings ,i.e but parked in garage On the white line.

Mr trident i don't your age or circumstances, but if you,re able become a bus driver and show us how it should be done.

Oh with Christmas traffic in full swing ,drivers are advised to take extra care in all areas ,Joe public drinking loopy juice from the Christmas markets or where ever is less likely to be aware of dangers around themselves , better off being late than having hit one these Joe public and thus ruining your own Christmas.

Roy

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 23, 2018, 10:38:54 AM
It doesn't help that it's timed less than 10 minutes Cradley station to Merry Hell in order to maintain the half hour service on the former 287 section

It follows exactly the same route between Cradley Heath Interchange and Merry Hill as services 4M, X10, 24 and 208.  All of these have exactly the same allowance as the 28 - 8 minutes.  I caught the 1628 service 28 from Cradley Heath on Wednesday.  It was on time and took exactly 8 minutes to do the journey despite tailbacks in Quarry Bank High Street.

BK63 YWP

@2900 trident4194 is a regular moaner about the buses failing to meeting timetable times. Regarding the 28 traffic hot spots are as follows @Trident 4194 getting on the ring road in Stourbridge, Hungary hill roundabout, Delph corner to kfc especially during peak times, merry hill itself to quarry bank and of course Halesowen. Instead of moaning about a drivers @karl724223 driving the who's driving is brilliant and safe and he does work on other routes also! End of the day congestion is becoming an issue in Birmingham and unfortunately these buses can not fly unless they are diamond in your eyes
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4609

@WestMidlandsTravels R.E Noteworthy thread... It's worth pointing out incase you weren't aware that B7RLE's are normal on the 126 from regular observation, whichever day of the week it is.

Trident 4194

6103 seems to have gone back to being an absolute monster of an mmc. Great acceleration and speed. Still this ones not going anywhere is it?

Seen quite a few late running 9s today, including a few 9e workings at various times of the day.

Tony

Trident 4194

Got yourself a good old people mover regarding the 28 it seems. Busy bus full with Many OAP's

ARBB

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 12, 2018, 06:47:00 PM
Got yourself a good old people mover regarding the 28 it seems. Busy bus full with Many OAP's

And the college students, the shoppers at merry hill, people who live along the route and of course everyone else who catches it........ foolish human.

DJ

6712 has an odd screeching sound from the engine when accelerating, not sure how long it's had it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SK68MEV

Quote from: StourValley98 on December 15, 2018, 04:16:13 PM
6712 has an odd screeching sound from the engine when accelerating, not sure how long it's had it.
been a while remember catching it when u got a free day saver and it made a screeching sound
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk