News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Sandwell Travel

Started by Lukeee, September 05, 2012, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Looks like a normal Saturday service today for Sandwell. KX51 UCR has just arrived at Bradford Place on the 333X.

countryliner

@DartSLF - Yes i agree with you about Sandwell Travel. They are a very good bus operator. Whenever i have used them they have always had friendly polite helpful bus drivers / cheap fares / gives change / nice vehicles / etc. Their route 333L and route 333X bus services seem to be doing quite well.

@Michael Bevan - That is good to hear that Sandwell Travel were running a bus service on Boxing Day.

countryliner

@sarai949 - Do you or anyone else on this forum know what the PVR of the route 333L and the route 333X services is. Thank you.

Adam 404

Quote from: countryliner on January 03, 2016, 02:40:15 AM
@sarai949 - Do you or anyone else on this forum know what the PVR of the route 333L and the route 333X services is. Thank you.
If I remember correctly, it's 3 buses on the 333X and 2 on the 333L. Check the timetable on traveline, you should be able to work it out :)

sarai949

@countryliner - it's 5 buses altogether 3 on 333x and two 333L.

PM

Quote from: sarai949 on January 03, 2016, 10:30:41 AM
@countryliner - it's 5 buses altogether 3 on 333x and two 333L.

Quite a decent presence been built up on those routes, will be interesting to see whether Sandwell expand onto other services or not. Isn't there still a Traffic Commissioner's license limitation on how many vehicles they can run/how many departures out of Bradford Place due to previous poor compliance?

countryliner

@sarai949 @Adam 404 - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I believe that Sandwell Travel have eight vehicles in their current fleet (KX53 SHJ / RN52 EOV / EK51 XXF / EK51 XXG / KX51 UCR / W773 URP / R746 FGX / N227 TPK) so that means that they eight vehicles for a PVR of five which is good to hear.

@DiamondDart - Yes it will certainly be interesting to see if Sandwell Travel start to operate any other routes in the future. They seem to be doing quite well on their route 333L and route 333X services. They seem to be a very good bus operator. I am not 100% sure but i do not think that those restrictions apply anymore.

PM

Quote from: countryliner on January 03, 2016, 03:57:11 PM
@sarai949 @Adam 404 - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I believe that Sandwell Travel have eight vehicles in their current fleet (KX53 SHJ / RN52 EOV / EK51 XXF / EK51 XXG / KX51 UCR / W773 URP / R746 FGX / N227 TPK) so that means that they eight vehicles for a PVR of five which is good to hear.

@DiamondDart - Yes it will certainly be interesting to see if Sandwell Travel start to operate any other routes in the future. They seem to be doing quite well on their route 333L and route 333X services. They seem to be a very good bus operator. I am not 100% sure but i do not think that those restrictions apply anymore.

The 333L/X saw Arriva off the 9 and they're obviously decently used but I'd have thought that corridor is now saturated, if they want to expand, it may be better to look at another corridor.

countryliner

@DiamondDart - Yes it will be interesting to see if they do expand their operations. If they do expand i wonder which routes they would be interested in operating.

sarai949

We never had any restrictions to begin with we also have two RN52 buses next couple of months will be busy as we will be converting both RN52s to single door.

PM

Quote from: sarai949 on January 03, 2016, 07:05:59 PM
We never had any restrictions to begin with we also have two RN52 buses next couple of months will be busy as we will be converting both RN52s to single door.

I lost track of what happened but wasn't there a PI towards the end of 2012 and weren't you limited to 2 buses, plus being banned from Bradford Place for 3 years from early 2013?

countryliner

@sarai949 - Thanks for the info. Do you know what the full registration numbers of these RN52 *** buses are. Thank you.

@DiamondDart - I am not sure if those restrictions ever happened.

sarai949

countryliner

@sarai949 - Thanks for the info. Do you know when RN52 EOV and RN52 EOX are likely to enter service with Sandwell Travel.

fleetline6477

Quote from: countryliner on January 03, 2016, 07:21:10 PM
@sarai949 - Thanks for the info. Do you know what the full registration numbers of these RN52 *** buses are. Thank you.

@DiamondDart - I am not sure if those restrictions ever happened.

The restrictions did happen and for a period their 333 journeys operated from Pleck traffic lights and into the main St Paul's bus station via Manor Hospital. I actually think this was a far better option for an operator because it provided a unique link from Darlaston and Pleck Road to the Retail Park and main bus station.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk