News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Route 37 Blue Diamond

Started by 966, April 08, 2012, 07:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not sure if this has already been answered, apologies if it has!

What will happen to the 37 which Blue Diamond compete with NXWM, although I use the word compete with loosely! none of the buses that operate the route will meet the new emissions as they are old darts! Are they going to withdraw or will they reduce their frequency (not sure what their current frequency is though)  or will newer buses be introduced?

ilovetea4370

Not just the 37, they run some journies on the 97 and 17 too so will need a few buses, I'm sure they have something planned!

Stu

They have a number of vehicles which would be suitable, but not enough for all their city centre services it would seem.

With Rotala rebranding Central Connect and merging it with the rest of the 'Diamond' operation, I suppose it may be possible for them to transfer vehicles around, or even transfer in vehicles from other operations around the country.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nathan4775

The blue Diamond 97/17 are used quite a lot but saying that me & my freind travelled on the 97 from Chelsmley Wood - Birmingham and it was just me and him on it to Birmingham  :-\.

Blue Diamond should invest in some new Hybrid Buses like Black Diamond have. which have now gone in an all green branding  8). If thats not possible will then the 37/17/97/97A could all ways operate between Digbeth Coach Station - Solihull (37) Chelmsley Wood (97/A) Tile Hill (17). Or will Digbeth come under the new emmison aswell. Also what will happen to the Birmingham Market buses (669) I think operated by central Buses ??
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stu

You mean the 650 operated by VIP Travel (Birmingham Markets - Kings Heath)? I think their vehicles are new enough to be okay.

The 669 runs from Kings Heath to Shirley. That'll soon be replaced by a new 69 service operated by Johnsons, replacing the 649 and 669.
My locals:

Nathan4775

Thats the route 650  8).

I though the V.I.P buses were same as the Blue Diamond bus ? but clearly not if there allowed into Birmingham  :D
My Flickr;

Ash

I would have thought blue diamond would have replaced the 2mcv that have left that were used on the X30 as before the mcv's plaxton centro's were used and now all that seen is a primo or an old w reg dart. May be it might recieve the 2 '56 reg' solo's that will be released from the loss of the park and ride north in Coventry.

Nathan4775

Carnt Blue Diamond use some of them Signature buses for Birmingham routes (97/17/37) becuase they come under the new emmison buses

PRN & PRS in Coventry are being qithdrawn since when ??
My Flickr;

Liberator9

Blue Diamond could invest in Enviro 200 darts as I'm rapidly going off rattling and squeaking Optares! Although a lot of people seem to just wait for the NXWM buses as their passes won't work which is a problem as they are missing out on passengers.

I hope they leave the signature buses alone! Especially the Mercs on the 82, I enjoy riding on those when ever I use the 82.

MW

Quote from: Stu on April 09, 2012, 11:40:57 AM
You mean the 650 operated by VIP Travel (Birmingham Markets - Kings Heath)? I think their vehicles are new enough to be okay.

The 669 runs from Kings Heath to Shirley. That'll soon be replaced by a new 69 service operated by Johnsons, replacing the 649 and 669.

The 650 is run by 05' plates isn't it? The ex London darts. They should be fine.

Lukeee

VIP Have 4 05 plate Darts and some 02 plate darts which should easily meet the new emission rules.

Liberator9

Quote from: 966 on April 09, 2012, 05:21:20 PM
I hope they leave the signature buses alone! Especially the Mercs on the 82, I enjoy riding on those when ever I use the 82.

I also love the Mercs, excellent buses that really I think NXWM should invest in to replace the old mercs.

Nathan4775

I like the Signatures used on the 30/82 they look good operating in Solihull & placing them on the 97/37 they would probally get ruined so I withdrawn my other comment about using them on those routes

They could just invest in new buses (Enviro 200's) (Enviro 300's) (Dennis Darts) etc little buses like that tbf
My Flickr;

Stu

When I used to catch the 30, when it was operated by NXWM, in the mornings the bus would fill up with school-kids and then empty at Blossomfield, and would run near-empty the rest of the day. I don't catch it now, but it still seems the same way, its a shame that such nice buses are wasted on an unpopular route. But at least they're miles better than the battered old B6LEs that NXWM used to put out on it!
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk