News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham History on EBay.

Started by monkeyjoe, July 18, 2024, 06:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

The stuff you can get a eBay, picked this up for a fiver . A
Historic buses routes of brum or the midland red ones anyway. Sample of the original 194 inset , pre the 94. So  many routes that hav  e been simplified over the years.

jasmine

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 18, 2024, 06:35:19 PMThe stuff you can get a eBay, picked this up for a fiver . A
Historic buses routes of brum or the midland red ones anyway. Sample of the original 194 inset , pre the 94. So  many routes that hav  e been simplified over the years.
can we see more of this book please?
16/16A "enjoyer"

ellspurs

I usually look at those ebay listings when I'm trying to look up an old route. I just wish my box of timetables I had since I was a kid didn't get waterlogged and wrecked when we had a leak a few years ago.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: ellspurs on July 18, 2024, 08:07:06 PMI usually look at those ebay listings when I'm trying to look up an old route. I just wish my box of timetables I had since I was a kid didn't get waterlogged and wrecked when we had a leak a few years ago.
Chucked all mine when sold the house, could have made a fortune selling them. lol 

monkeyjoe

Loads of stuff managed to get a birmingham/ Solihull wmpte booklet for a couple of quid too. 

monkeyjoe

Quote from: jasmine on July 18, 2024, 07:51:08 PMcan we see more of this book please?
It's a big old book anything on particular ? 

jasmine

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 18, 2024, 08:15:14 PMIt's a big old book anything on particular ?
i dont mind, old routes if you could
16/16A "enjoyer"

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 18, 2024, 08:11:20 PMChucked all mine when sold the house, could have made a fortune selling them. lol
Hindsight great isn't it 

monkeyjoe

This one is from 1977. The Lincoln rd area had a freq service to city now practically nothing but a subsided service real sign of changing habits

monkeyjoe

The old 71/72/49 corridor

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 20, 2024, 09:31:07 AMThis one is from 1977. The Lincoln rd area had a freq service to city now practically nothing but a subsided service real sign of changing habits
Thanks for posting, I love seeing stuff like this. Sadly I chucked out all my old timetable books years ago. 

I remember the 44 well, it was a sister service to the 37 (now the 4), but I didn't appreciate just how frequent it was at peak times.

As you say, how times have changed with respect to bus service provision in that particular area.

cardew

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 20, 2024, 09:34:15 AMThe old 71/72/49 corridor
22 minutes from Maypole to Solihull Station, those were the days! 

At least half as long again these days on the 49 (albeit via Danford/Blossomfield which the 165 avoided)

monkeyjoe

Quite interesting managed I'll post a few odd bits when get time etc. surprised what can find of eBay , I was actually for wall cavas pics for the house. 

monkeyjoe

Old castle brom routes to kingshurst / coleshill

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 20, 2024, 03:11:03 PMOld castle brom routes to kingshurst / coleshill
Birmingham to Coleshill every 15 mins on a Saturday night. Wow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk