News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham History on EBay.

Started by monkeyjoe, July 18, 2024, 06:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

The stuff you can get a eBay, picked this up for a fiver . A
Historic buses routes of brum or the midland red ones anyway. Sample of the original 194 inset , pre the 94. So  many routes that hav  e been simplified over the years.

jasmine

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 18, 2024, 06:35:19 PMThe stuff you can get a eBay, picked this up for a fiver . A
Historic buses routes of brum or the midland red ones anyway. Sample of the original 194 inset , pre the 94. So  many routes that hav  e been simplified over the years.
can we see more of this book please?
16/16A "enjoyer"

ellspurs

I usually look at those ebay listings when I'm trying to look up an old route. I just wish my box of timetables I had since I was a kid didn't get waterlogged and wrecked when we had a leak a few years ago.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: ellspurs on July 18, 2024, 08:07:06 PMI usually look at those ebay listings when I'm trying to look up an old route. I just wish my box of timetables I had since I was a kid didn't get waterlogged and wrecked when we had a leak a few years ago.
Chucked all mine when sold the house, could have made a fortune selling them. lol 

monkeyjoe

Loads of stuff managed to get a birmingham/ Solihull wmpte booklet for a couple of quid too. 

monkeyjoe

Quote from: jasmine on July 18, 2024, 07:51:08 PMcan we see more of this book please?
It's a big old book anything on particular ? 

jasmine

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 18, 2024, 08:15:14 PMIt's a big old book anything on particular ?
i dont mind, old routes if you could
16/16A "enjoyer"

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 18, 2024, 08:11:20 PMChucked all mine when sold the house, could have made a fortune selling them. lol
Hindsight great isn't it 

monkeyjoe

This one is from 1977. The Lincoln rd area had a freq service to city now practically nothing but a subsided service real sign of changing habits

monkeyjoe

The old 71/72/49 corridor

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 20, 2024, 09:31:07 AMThis one is from 1977. The Lincoln rd area had a freq service to city now practically nothing but a subsided service real sign of changing habits
Thanks for posting, I love seeing stuff like this. Sadly I chucked out all my old timetable books years ago. 

I remember the 44 well, it was a sister service to the 37 (now the 4), but I didn't appreciate just how frequent it was at peak times.

As you say, how times have changed with respect to bus service provision in that particular area.

cardew

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 20, 2024, 09:34:15 AMThe old 71/72/49 corridor
22 minutes from Maypole to Solihull Station, those were the days! 

At least half as long again these days on the 49 (albeit via Danford/Blossomfield which the 165 avoided)

monkeyjoe

Quite interesting managed I'll post a few odd bits when get time etc. surprised what can find of eBay , I was actually for wall cavas pics for the house. 

monkeyjoe

Old castle brom routes to kingshurst / coleshill

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 20, 2024, 03:11:03 PMOld castle brom routes to kingshurst / coleshill
Birmingham to Coleshill every 15 mins on a Saturday night. Wow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk