News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Commonwealth Games Fleet

Started by Ginger66, May 21, 2022, 10:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: 2900 on July 02, 2022, 11:22:17 AMit was just warehouse for Cadbury during the 80s/90s , i noticed that stagecoach have put there banners up on the Oldbury depot, The site was used for truck rental/sales etc up on till recently.
i wonder if the site could be a potential replacement for Westbrom garage in the future, as i am told westbrom  not suitable for electric buses, some thing to do with electrical demand load being to great etc etc
West Bromwich is in a residential area, from what I remember.

I suppose that might have something to do with it?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Westy on July 03, 2022, 02:39:46 PMWest Bromwich is in a residential area, from what I remember.

I suppose that might have something to do with it?
Don't cv come under being in a residential area they don't seem to have any problems
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Westy

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 03, 2022, 02:44:23 PMDon't cv come under being in a residential area they don't seem to have any problems
Isn't Coventry a newer depot than West Brom, dating from 1986, while West Brom is pre 1969, as it held West Brom Council vehicles as well as their own buses?

I'm no expert, but unless there was a massive electrical project since 1970 in the West Brom area, I suspect their electrical loads are not as good as a mid 80's build?

I obviously bow to other people's superior knowledge of electrics.

markcf83

Quote from: Westy on July 03, 2022, 02:52:39 PMIsn't Coventry a newer depot than West Brom, dating from 1986?
It replaced Sandy Lane and Harnall Lane East from memory in around the time stated. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

windy miller

erm ..are any of the wm hdrogen fleet likely to be on 'showcase' during
  the games period?.... or are they likely to be 'mothballed' for the for....seeable future?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quoteerm ..are any of the wm hdrogen fleet likely to be on 'showcase' during
  the games period?.... or are they likely to be 'mothballed' for the for....seeable future?
They've been in service for the last 4 days

gka472l

A posting on a group on FB hints at some First Kernow vehicles expected to make the trip up to the Midlands for the Commonwealth Games (E400MMC's) so not just Stagecoach if that is the case (I recall First also supplied vehicles to the Glasgow games a few years back).....also I believe some Stagecoach vehicles have already arrived in readiness. I'm likely to head down to the West Mids once or twice to catch some of the workings on camera so if anyone is able to give ideas of good photting locations, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Solo1

When they had games at Alexander stadium a little while back  buses ran from by the law courts James watt Queensway then straight under the underpass 

gka472l

Expect Stagecoach Merseyside E400MMC's 10815, 10816, 10817, 10818, 10821, 10822, 10823, 10842, 11103, 11104 & 11105 to make the trip to Birmingham in the next few days, all are at Rock Ferry depot before heading south, all are without any adverts.

HTH 

Tony

10811 is already here, out doing route learning tody

There's at least 7 Stagecoach MMCs sat at Lymm services in there way south 

Tony

I've been sent a fleet list (which I can not publish publicly) but a total of 598 Stagecoach vehicles are expected

stephen ford

Hi tony is there any chance of having a list of vehicles attending? Many thanks

Stu

Quote from: stephen ford on July 17, 2022, 04:12:20 PMHi tony is there any chance of having a list of vehicles attending? Many thanks

Quote from: Tony on July 17, 2022, 03:06:20 PMI've been sent a fleet list (which I can not publish publicly) but a total of 598 Stagecoach vehicles are expected
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

I hope that all of these vehicles are Euro6 compliant. I'm half surprised Birmingham CC didn't specify for electric/hydrogen vehicles to be used.

(I know there wouldn't be enough availability of vehicles, or infrastructure, but it is BCC we are talking about).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk