News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Commonwealth Games Fleet

Started by Ginger66, May 21, 2022, 10:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

While shopping this morning in West Bromwich noted a couple of Stagecoach buses had strayed into the region seem that Stagecoach is sending down/up buses as part of the Commonwealth Games fleet.   Could not see any fleet numbers other than the brand logo for stagecoach.

Westy

Don't they normally have to have any fleetnames etc removed for this sort of thing?

Sure I remember on here NX vehicles that were sent up to Glasgow for their games had to be debranded, or were they vehicles not yet in normal service?

Ginger66

They are doing a test runs ahead of the games so it's likely drivers getting use to the routes.   

Ginger66

Even if the company names are removed, if you know the branding you can tell which operator it is.  

Stu

Its been mentioned already in a couple of other topics that Stagecoach will be running shuttle services during the games, and buses will be based at a 'temporary' depot in Oldbury.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on May 21, 2022, 11:45:42 AMIts been mentioned already in a couple of other topics that Stagecoach will be running shuttle services during the games, and buses will be based at a 'temporary' depot in Oldbury.
Someone said it was ex Cadbury premises, didn't they?

Must admit I've been racking my brains to try & remember if I ever dealt with that depot at some point in my old job, as I only remember dealing with Bournville & Minworth!

Tony

None have had their fleet names or numbers removed,  the only thing they have had done is an 'on hire to Midland Red (South) sticker on the nearside front window 

Quote from: Westy on May 21, 2022, 11:01:49 AMor were they vehicles not yet in normal service?
At the time 4940 - 4959 hadn't entered service yet and were brand new.
4940 - 4949 went to Birmingham Central and 4950 - 4959 to West Bromwich where they remain to this day.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: Westy on May 21, 2022, 11:01:49 AMDon't they normally have to have any fleetnames etc removed for this sort of thing?

Sure I remember on here NX vehicles that were sent up to Glasgow for their games had to be debranded, or were they vehicles not yet in normal service?
Everything had to be debranded for the London 2012 games fleet as the Olympics are very different to Commonwelth Games when it comes to what can and can't be seen, however the Glasgow 2014 Games fleet had vehicles with operators names. The NXWM vehicles carried very smart National Express (without the West Midlands) fleetnames.

Tony

Nothing removed from livery

bususer28

Went to the event today so took advantage of the shuttle and the organisation was just superb.
I'm not one for going to other cities to travel on buses but it was very apparent to me in both directions that the ceilings on the upper deck were quite a bit lower than on NX, is that just my impression or are they genuinely slighter lower and if so, how come?

SK68MEV

most li
Quote from: bususer28 on May 21, 2022, 10:04:52 PMWent to the event today so took advantage of the shuttle and the organisation was just superb.
I'm not one for going to other cities to travel on buses but it was very apparent to me in both directions that the ceilings on the upper deck were quite a bit lower than on NX, is that just my impression or are they genuinely slighter lower and if so, how come? 
most likely so they can fit under low bridges
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Jack6101

Quote from: bususer28 on May 21, 2022, 10:04:52 PMWent to the event today so took advantage of the shuttle and the organisation was just superb.
I believe stagecoach buses height is slightly lower then our ones it's there spec I belive like how to arriva 110s E400's are lower in height  
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Quote from: Westy on May 21, 2022, 12:11:11 PMSomeone said it was ex Cadbury premises, didn't they?

Must admit I've been racking my brains to try & remember if I ever dealt with that depot at some point in my old job, as I only remember dealing with Bournville & Minworth!
it was just warehouse for Cadbury during the 80s/90s , i noticed that stagecoach have put there banners up on the Oldbury depot, The site was used for truck rental/sales etc up on till recently.
i wonder if the site could be a potential replacement for Westbrom garage in the future, as i am told westbrom  not suitable for electric buses, some thing to do with electrical demand load being to great etc etc 

Ginger66

Quote from: 2900 on July 02, 2022, 11:22:17 AMit was just warehouse for Cadbury during the 80s/90s , i noticed that stagecoach have put there banners up on the Oldbury depot, The site was used for truck rental/sales etc up on till recently.
i wonder if the site could be a potential replacement for Westbrom garage in the future, as i am told westbrom  not suitable for electric buses, some thing to do with electrical demand load being to great etc etc
How many buses does the temp depot at Oldbury hold for stagecoach.     

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk