News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

HELP NEEDED! WEDDING TRANSPORT LET DOWN

Started by Buz89, April 23, 2022, 10:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buz89

Hi there everyone,

so myself and my fiancĂ© are getting married in January 2023, we had booked an 1956 AEC Regent with a company, which was advertised in the colour Black and White to which we paid the deposit. HOWEVER, since we booked, the bus has gone in for restoration and has gone back to it's original colour of red and cream, which would not match our theme. 

We are based in Dudley, and will be doing short trips from Himley House Hotel to Priory Hall and then onwards to The Dudley Arms. We need some support regarding finding another bus to replace, as we are relying on it for guest transport for our families.

If there is anyone who can offer any help please contact us as soon as possible and we can arrange details

Thank you!  :smiley:

Westy

Have you tried any of the local bus museums?

Even if they can't help themselves, they may know someone. 

BN

Quote from: Buz89 on April 23, 2022, 10:27:20 PMHi there everyone,

so myself and my fiancé are getting married in January 2023, we had booked an 1956 AEC Regent with a company, which was advertised in the colour Black and White to which we paid the deposit. HOWEVER, since we booked, the bus has gone in for restoration and has gone back to it's original colour of red and cream, which would not match our theme.

We are based in Dudley, and will be doing short trips from Himley House Hotel to Priory Hall and then onwards to The Dudley Arms. We need some support regarding finding another bus to replace, as we are relying on it for guest transport for our families.

If there is anyone who can offer any help please contact us as soon as possible and we can arrange details

Thank you!  :smiley:

National Express?

Westy

Quote from: BN on April 24, 2022, 07:49:45 AMNational Express?

They wouldn't have anything in black & white surely, unless you consider dark blue & cream as a reasonable substitute, assuming 3225 would be available in the first place!

BN

No, not black and white but if desperate for transport, they could help. Heritage livery, platinum livery, electric livery, NETS livery, got loads.

Lukeee

If livery isn't to much of an issue I'm sure green bus could help

Tony

QuoteIf livery isn't to much of an issue I'm sure green bus could help
The original post says livery is the problem

Stu

Quote from: Buz89 on April 23, 2022, 10:27:20 PMwe had booked an 1956 AEC Regent with a company, which was advertised in the colour Black and White to which we paid the deposit. HOWEVER, since we booked, the bus has gone in for restoration and has gone back to it's original colour of red and cream, which would not match our theme.

Sounds like you may be better off revisiting your wedding colour theme to be honest.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2022, 05:47:33 PMThe original post says livery is the problem
Haven't Greenbus got that black and white Trident still? Sure they had a striped livery for a special contract?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk