News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Working From Home

Started by Ginger66, December 08, 2021, 07:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

Yet again workers are been asked to work from home where they can to help stop the spread of the virus.

If the pandemic has another drastic impact on public transport in the west midlands with low passenger numbers could certain routes be cut if it is not viable for them to operate in full.

According to reports in the metro paper, TFL is struggling and could see certain tube lines close and certain bus routes go.

Steveminor

I think can remove the word "could" from.that sentence, unless of course more funding is made available.

markcf83

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 08, 2021, 07:05:14 PM

According to reports in the metro paper, TFL is struggling and could see certain tube lines close and certain bus routes go.

Perhaps the financial mismanagement of the TfL coffers can be put at the door of the incompetent Mayor......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Sayeed

Quote from: markcf83 on December 09, 2021, 03:41:44 PM
Perhaps the financial mismanagement of the TfL coffers can be put at the door of the incompetent Mayor......

How is the Mayor incompetent?
Век живи - век учись

Westy

Quote from: Sayeed on December 09, 2021, 09:08:28 PM
How is the Mayor incompetent?

Is he any better than a certain predecessor?

Sayeed

Quote from: Westy on December 09, 2021, 09:24:22 PM
Is he any better than a certain predecessor?

Not a Londoner to comment but comments like markcf83's are just many. Thought Sadiq Khan wouldn't win 2nd term in the past and here we are, he is in the office.

Век живи - век учись

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 08, 2021, 07:05:14 PM
Yet again workers are been asked to work from home where they can to help stop the spread of the virus.

If the pandemic has another drastic impact on public transport in the west midlands with low passenger numbers could certain routes be cut if it is not viable for them to operate in full.

I read some where the bakerloo would be the most likely to get the chop, sure those tube vehicles are so old and in a state.

Steveminor

All I'll say is tfl has had more than twice as much as the whole UK in Grant's, so much for the franchise model.
Deregulation has saved the taxpayer millions

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 10, 2021, 05:31:51 AM

I read some where the bakerloo would be the most likely to get the chop, sure those tube vehicles are so old and in a state.

No tube line will get the chop. It would be political suicide for both the Mayor and the government.

DJ

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2021, 09:42:34 AM
No tube line will get the chop. It would be political suicide for both the Mayor and the government.

I can't see any getting the chop permanently, but I can definitely see service being reduced again, and depending on how things go with this new variant affecting things, the W&C could easily be closed again imo.

Back to the original topic, any ideas on how I can check tickets and stuff from the comfort of my own home?  ;D

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Wumpty

Quote from: DJ on December 10, 2021, 11:24:47 AM
I can't see any getting the chop permanently, but I can definitely see service being reduced again, and depending on how things go with this new variant affecting things, the W&C could easily be closed again imo.

Back to the original topic, any ideas on how I can check tickets and stuff from the comfort of my own home?
You mean you can't dial into buses and check via CCTV?! I've been doing that for years with our fleet ;D
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

the trainbasher

Quote from: DJ on December 10, 2021, 11:24:47 AM

Back to the original topic, any ideas on how I can check tickets and stuff from the comfort of my own home?  ;D

Hologram?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

DJ

Quote from: Wumpty on December 10, 2021, 12:46:13 PM
You mean you can't dial into buses and check via CCTV?! I've been doing that for years with our fleet ;D

I wish! We don't even have QR codes for the tickets or anything like that!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk