News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Quote from: richie on March 03, 2013, 07:26:12 PM
I would be surprised if they didn't give it a go in the midlands despite not a lot happening as yet they have invested in midland and more than just buses after they were took over arriva advertised for a GM the current midland op doesn't require a 50k a year post so I suppose time will tell. But they are no threat to NX as NX have too much to loose to let them be. The only operator that could give NX a run for their money is stagecoach but they have no intention in running them down they want the business not he remnants.

They are also advertising for a new Duty Manager at Wednesfield.

Am I correct in saying that the MD of Arriva Midlands was a former top manager with NXWM and that the GM at Wednesfield, Raj Chander, previously held the post of Area Ops Manager with NXWM  at West Brom?

Bob

Im not saying they should be bringing in brand new buses. But as they are just midi buses they cant be realistically used on busy routes, so competing on them isnt really an option is it? To say Midlands fleet is in poor comdition is an understatement! Their maintanence must be worse than Cannocks and thats saying something! I would put money on Wednesfield being wound up within 12 to 18 months. Arriva will most likely fail miserably. Incidentally apparently the drafted in Darts have already started breaking down

D10

Quote from: notepanel on March 03, 2013, 08:50:40 PM
Quote from: richie on March 03, 2013, 07:26:12 PM
I would be surprised if they didn't give it a go in the midlands despite not a lot happening as yet they have invested in midland and more than just buses after they were took over arriva advertised for a GM the current midland op doesn't require a 50k a year post so I suppose time will tell. But they are no threat to NX as NX have too much to loose to let them be. The only operator that could give NX a run for their money is stagecoach but they have no intention in running them down they want the business not he remnants.

They are also advertising for a new Duty Manager at Wednesfield.

Am I correct in saying that the MD of Arriva Midlands was a former top manager with NXWM and that the GM at Wednesfield, Raj Chander, previously held the post of Area Ops Manager with NXWM  at West Brom?

Yes, Alex Perry was former Black Country Area Manager (amongst other roles he did) at NXWM, and Raj was Operations Manager at West Brom.

Bob

Bit of a come down for them then id imagine

andy

arrivaaston

Anybody know what other Midland stuff will be resprayed apart from the MPD's?

Discodave

Quote from: andy on March 04, 2013, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: bob on March 04, 2013, 09:11:25 PM

Why?

They may show some promise actually knowing the ways NXWM will fight and also some of the dirty tricks.

andy

Quote from: Discodave on March 05, 2013, 04:42:47 AM
Quote from: andy on March 04, 2013, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: bob on March 04, 2013, 09:11:25 PM

Why?

They may show some promise actually knowing the ways NXWM will fight and also some of the dirty tricks.

Exactly, and that is precisely why I think the takeover of Midland will have far more consequences than what happened at the time of the Chase episode.

Discodave

The chase takeover was a joke Arriva just did not have a clue they still had to run the nationals (no spare low floor to replace) good they were but the West mids were almost 100% low floor and Cannock still had crappy step darts at the time. Which was one of the reasons chase sold up. Arriva also should have relised how much in decline Chases services were due to NXWM competition and how to actually compete, this time it may be better.

s-m-991

I'm seeing a lot of the Midland transit van lately. Broken down Dart on Lodge Farm. About time the plague of Britain was replaced.

Bob

Quote from: Discodave on March 05, 2013, 11:52:38 AM
The chase takeover was a joke Arriva just did not have a clue they still had to run the nationals (no spare low floor to replace) good they were but the West mids were almost 100% low floor and Cannock still had crappy step darts at the time. Which was one of the reasons chase sold up. Arriva also should have relised how much in decline Chases services were due to NXWM competition and how to actually compete, this time it may be better.

Would be nice to think so but cant see howw? Was Midland a thriving business just prior to Arriva takeover then?

Quote from: arrivaaston on March 04, 2013, 11:04:31 PM
Anybody know what other Midland stuff will be resprayed apart from the MPD's?

I saw 2125 Y382 HKE today in Darlo in Arriva livery looking very smart indeed. Considering how some of the Midland Darts were/are looking I have to say looks like a good job and although I only saw it in passing no reason why the others can't be done the same also.
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Bob

Itll still be the same rattling knackered mess though like nearly all the midland buses just with a coat of aquamarine lol. Surprised theyre keeping any of them to be fair

Dylan4579

Quote from: bob on March 05, 2013, 06:56:45 PM
Quote from: Discodave on March 05, 2013, 11:52:38 AM

Would be nice to think so but cant see howw? Was Midland a thriving business just prior to Arriva takeover then?
It was but from what was local to me, it's solo's and subsided routes 

mikestone

2412 (OUI 2376) was on the 10 today with red Arrive fleetnames - has somebody found a box of London stickers? 
Despite 2125 havin a full repaint at one of the HKE batch was in Bilston with the red  Arriva fleetnames.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk