News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

Arriva dart 2151 is on the 23 today and worked the 23A last night

Bob

Quote from: Discodave on February 06, 2013, 10:40:11 AM
According to a white board in the traffic office (can see quite clear through window) it states no Arriva branded buses on 35/991, 23 and 62 wonder why?

Maybe their plannin to F##k them routes off first?

Tony

Full oft report into the takeover can be read here

Westy

Quote from: bob on February 06, 2013, 06:42:21 PM
Quote from: Discodave on February 06, 2013, 10:40:11 AM
According to a white board in the traffic office (can see quite clear through window) it states no Arriva branded buses on 35/991, 23 and 62 wonder why?

Maybe their plannin to F##k them routes off first?

They don't seem to like operating between Walsall & Lichfield, do they?

Then again, as that route has been changed a bit over the past few years, its understandable.

You knew where you were with the route when TWM operated it!

Discodave

Quote from: Tony on February 06, 2013, 08:15:10 PM
Full oft report into the takeover can be read here

Intresting seems they were more concerned on the Staffordshire market Arriva are almost dominant but one bit for bob which may please him

62. One third party indicated it has the ability to expand in the West Midlands and South Staffordshire but would need to consider a number of factors and another that it may try if the competitive offering were worsened in the West Midlands. However, it is not clear to what extent any entry or expansion would be timely, likely and sufficient to counteract any concerns raised.

but sour grapes from another

65. One third party expressed concerns at the low bids Arriva made for tender contracts. However, no merger effect has been identified from this and the OFT has assessed competition for tender contracts above.

Very detailed report and good to see the OFT have made sense.

Bob

They should be bloody concerned, Arriva shouldnt be allowed a complete monopoly on the Cannock area services!

Discodave

The report only said about 60% of the market was Arriva I can not see this but it did involve areas such as burntwood as NX still operate there was a lot to look through even very small stuff such as coastal liner was included so this shows even if small it all counts to a non monopoly in Staffs, with regards to the West Mids they have 3% according to centro and evidence Arriva put to the OFT.  Its a done deal the OFT are happy but weather the public will get a better service in either county or more competetion In the West mids is another matter.  Its nice to have another large player with some clout its will Arriva use it in Staffs I am afraid its basically a West mids situation in reverse Arriva are the only main option.  This thread needs to be put to bed

mikestone

Fares are increasing on Monday to NXWM levels.

Bob

Clout? Id hardly call a fleet of MPDs cascaded in to replace an even worse fleet of MPDs & solos gearing up to use their clout lol! give it 6-12 months itll go tits up like Chase.... Theyll never ever compete successfully with nxwm

Stu

Bob,

Maybe you should consider moving to West Bromwich or Dudley, at least then you get the pleasure of travelling around on some of NXWM's 14 year old 'clapped out' Mercedes and B6LEs.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

the refurbed B6s at least, are 100% times better internally than bloody 03 plate sb120s & darts ! Try riding on half of cannocks fleet. Would WB put their Mpds on inter urban routes on a regular basis??? I doubt it

Quote from: Stu on February 07, 2013, 07:48:13 PM
Bob,

Maybe you should consider moving to West Bromwich or Dudley, at least then you get the pleasure of travelling around on some of NXWM's 14 year old 'clapped out' Mercedes and B6LEs.

Don't forget the Spectra's  ;D ;D ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Discodave

Quote from: mikestone on February 07, 2013, 05:20:02 PM
Fares are increasing on Monday to NXWM levels.

On some routes check Arriva website on 9/334 fares cheaper and NX travel card supplements different too 60p on Arriva services and 80p on Arriva/ex midland services

bwsau cymru

Quote from: bob on February 07, 2013, 05:24:29 PM
Clout? Id hardly call a fleet of MPDs cascaded in to replace an even worse fleet of MPDs & solos gearing up to use their clout lol! give it 6-12 months itll go tits up like Chase.... Theyll never ever compete successfully with nxwm

I really dout it! arriva midlands have dramtically improved over recent years and with some good aquirsions lately I think they are going from strength to strength. Arriva are going to do even better I think that they are currently really trying to make a good impression in the west midlands and centro seem obviously to like them. I gre up with arriva in shrewsbury and im quite glad now that they are Walsall's second operator. I hope that nxwm need to watch out because I really hope arriva given them a good run for there money!!! hope to see new commercial routes coming soon!!!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Bob

Doubt there'll be any new commercial routes, nxwm would wipe the floor with em, in walsall eg, if people had a choice between a nxwm b7, omnilink or even a b6le or old b10, compared to a clapped out arriva MPD or even worse any ex midland nail ( stick a pin in the fleet list its 90% sheds) and have the choice of £3.90 for a nxwm ticket or paying £6 what are they gonna do? I might be wrong but unless they expand commercially very widely theyll be a flop as ive said before midlands services are pretty low rent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk