News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Aint that one of the coach seated ones? thought they wouldve been slightly better? Dya reckon Arriva aint put vinyls on the Midland fleet cos they wont be stayin that long?

arrivaaston

Nah normal seats, its the X reg solos that have the coach seats on them

arrivaaston

On the 2r as I write this and its a 51 plate solo and it sonds f****d!!

Discodave

Well looking at the garage yard (in case of more accusations of tresspass even though I work next door) more and more refurbed MPD darts are appearing possibly the ones mentioned but looks a lot more so looks as if most of the Midland Stuff may go except possibly the deckers. (the non Daf ones)

covlad27

Looking at previous comments in this thread, looks as though tjere aee some V/KDA darts coming too

Discodave

2288 is the one I saw in the yard.

arrivaaston

2288 was Cannocks many years ago, eventhought it may be older, its in better condition than the Y/HKE's...... As i said i think a majority of the fleet will go, maybe keep the 03/53 plate solo's because the S reg ones are knackered, the W/EYG, The X/AUX and X/NUB are all f****d, maybe some of the Midland 'sheds' will go to Wardle, there already in the liverey, they just need the wardle stickers lol

Westy

Disco Dave - Are you anywhere near Aspray?

The company I work for, have used them for extra/overspill storage in the past.

Discodave

Quote from: Westy on February 03, 2013, 02:31:12 PM

yes up planetry road we share K transports yard behind Arriva we are Norberts but use BOC's units being leased off them

Westy

Quote from: Discodave on February 03, 2013, 05:02:41 PM
Quote from: Westy on February 03, 2013, 02:31:12 PM

yes up planetry road we share K transports yard behind Arriva we are Norberts but use BOC's units being leased off them

I know Norberts. (I work, or did work at the Blakemores site round by Hootys, before I got transferred over to our depot over Great Bridge a few weeks ago!)

John

Bob

Doubt the Wednesfield fleets gonna change much then? From one load of clapped out Darts to another... So far the newest one from Arriva is 11 yrs old....

arrivaaston

LJ51 dart on the 23A tonight :o was good to see an arriva bus back in wimblebury :)

Bob

Yea and u cant use a daysaver on it lol. Do they sound as clapped out as cannocks 51 plate cos theyve got same older type engine

Discodave

According to a white board in the traffic office (can see quite clear through window) it states no Arriva branded buses on 35/991, 23 and 62 wonder why?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk