News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

That's where 2154 is then, it was at cannock last week and another solo yet again broke down on the 23!! That's 2 or 3 times this week, loads of people not happy about it, I know brek downs can't be helped but 2 or 3 times in the week normaly its common for the fan belts, heaters or water leaks!! Please put a marshall dart on the 23 tomorrow??!!

Bob

What do you expect the fleets made up of tat lol. Seriously surely at least 75% of the vehicles in the fleet are knackered and need to go?

arrivaaston

True very true but the marshall darts don't sound half as bad as the 'newer' darts and solos

Don't know that much about Arriva buses and I only use them occasionally but really are they as bad as some make out?
I mean this 51 plate Dart (by appearence) would put most company's to shame
http://www.flickr.com/photos/retroscania/8432815227/in/photostream/
In comparison to other companies 51 platers this don't look too bad I recon!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Bob

Cannock's 51 plate Darts are absolute nails, but not as bad as some of Midland's examples, and thats sayin somethin!

arrivaaston

That's 1 of the recently refurbed ones as its transfered from London, if you ever go to cannock try using one of the BU51*** darts or any red Midland bus and you'll see what we mean

Quote from: arrivaaston on January 31, 2013, 10:04:33 PM
That's 1 of the recently refurbed ones as its transfered from London, if you ever go to cannock try using one of the BU51*** darts or any red Midland bus and you'll see what we mean
Well ok fair enough as someone who doesnt travel on or drive Arriva buses in cannock much I don't have much to stand for, but I will say plenty of companies have good buses along with their sh**e ones to! hasn't Arriva just had a bunch of very nice Mercedes Citaro's which everyone seams to think on here every firm should have!!!...Who else has them? I know the Optare Versa's get a bad press but they are new and clean and Arriva have stacks of them. As for Midland yes I cannot argue that most the fleet is clapped out 'ready for the kn*****s yard' but at least they are all in the same livery. If your catching a Midland (sorry Arriva) you know its a Midland! Some things turn up you don't know what the Hell it is these days!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

arrivaaston

Tamworth and Telford have the mercs, the versas are based at Burton, Telford, Shrewsbury, Derby and leicester and Oswestry garrage have the longer versions, daft thing is Midland are using Arriva sprayed buses on their routes but you still can't use arriva day savers on them!!

Discodave

Quote from: 4006                         (Not NEL 111P) on January 31, 2013, 10:15:01 PM
Quote from: arrivaaston on January 31, 2013, 10:04:33 PM
Well ok fair enough as someone who doesnt travel on or drive Arriva buses in cannock much I don't have much to stand for, but I will say plenty of companies have good buses along with their sh**e ones to! hasn't Arriva just had a bunch of very nice Mercedes Citaro's which everyone seams to think on here every firm should have!!!...Who else has them? I know the Optare Versa's get a bad press but they are new and clean and Arriva have stacks of them. As for Midland yes I cannot argue that most the fleet is clapped out 'ready for the kn*****s yard' but at least they are all in the same livery. If your catching a Midland (sorry Arriva) you know its a Midland! Some things turn up you don't know what the Hell it is these days!!

Me and Bob have slated Cannocks fleet but as an ex driver myself and from a passengers point of view apart from a few new VDL buses most of it is tired out MPD or pointer darts with some Volvos which are showing there age a bit.  I remember bringing them in from Hinckley.  Even some of the SB120 and SB200 VDL buses are basically knackered and they are still in bus terms modern 53/54 plate (only exception is the 06 plate they have which as it had come from head office has been treated well).  Cannock as I have said before has top maintence facilities even a VOSA test station and this should show by no matter how old the bus is well maintained but it is not it was crap when I was there and is not really much better.  I hope Wednesfield does well but if it is coming under the wing of Cannock I doo not hold out much hope.  It cost a lot to renew a fleet but with what has come to Wednesfield so far is a good start better than chase.  Decent refurbed buses yes they are 51 plate but look the part and shows commitment to trying and update.  They may be MPD darts but are better than any optare bus and if people take to Arriva this time New vehicles may come there way.  I have already mentioned about Cannocks problems with regards to network and bus allocation elsewhere but most other garages in the Arriva Midlands Empire have very modern fleets with renewals often Cannock and Stafford do not just the cast offs.

Bob

Your dead right about allocations, the 51 plate Darts at Cannock should be swapped with 5 B6s at Stafford as they are used on the 2,3,6,12 and often now the 88 and these routes really dont need a bus that size whereas the 32/3 in cannock often do, Stafford also sometimes use them on the 432/7 as well both of which only need an MPD!!!!

jarh_9394

Actually Bob, certain boards on 88 require a higher capacity due to schools as part of the contract.

Westy

The old Choice fleet didnt look too bad on their own.

Its those ex A2Z buses that spoilt things!

arrivaaston

The old choice fleet?
28 G541TBD
134 P134MEH
If you ever used the 23 you'll know what I mean

Bob

Oh didnt realise that, theyre normally empty when leaving Stafford, that aside though all staffords routes bar maybe the 9 do not need B6 sized buses, its ludicrous that Cannock stick MPDs on interurban services a lot of the time when Stafford shoves 39 seaters on barely used routes

Westy

Quote from: arrivaaston on February 01, 2013, 10:45:22 AM
The old choice fleet?
28 G541TBD
134 P134MEH
If you ever used the 23 you'll know what I mean

I havent, but I used to see the vehicles used on the old 171 route!

Even the Nationals looked in better nick than these things!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk