News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarh_9394

Quote from: Winston on January 30, 2013, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 30, 2013, 04:47:06 PM

I'd be interested to hear where you get your information from.

Discodave, has posted numerous times that he works in the haulage yard next door to Midlands's depot, so not by trespassing......

Who said anything about trespassing?

Translated, the quote appears to suggest that a vault has been removed from a double-decker vehicle and this is not true. No vaults have been removed from any service vehicle.

arrivaaston

Terrible solo on the 23 working the 5.25 off cannock, gladly took my fair then tells me he won't do the proper route due to a 'knackerd bus' (Drivers words) it cut out about 3 times, the destination blind wasn't working and the driver said it had been over heating and there was also a shabby dart on 62's yesterday I think it was JJZ 2248

Bob

A nice modern, clapped out fleet lol

arrivaaston

I reckon the only midland buses that will be kept are
SN51UDW
WL03AOL
YN53ELV
And the 2 deckers
Others may stay but I can't see them beig repainted

jarh_9394

arrivaaston

Well and I don't mean to slate the fleet, just an opinion but there like the newer ones and the deckers are used quite reguarlar, is it possible to request a marshall bodied dart on the 23 tomorrow as I've never been on 1 and just a question are the 51 plate darts in arriva liverey replacing anything?

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: arrivaaston on January 30, 2013, 10:02:01 PM
Well and I don't mean to slate the fleet, just an opinion but there like the newer ones and the deckers are used quite reguarlar, is it possible to request a marshall bodied dart on the 23 tomorrow as I've never been on 1 and just a question are the 51 plate darts in arriva liverey replacing anything?

I looked at the fleetchanges a couple of days ago and I think there was about 6 withdrawn.

Using arrivaaston's method, I also think that JJZ 5248, which was DE51 EWJ, 2102.

arrivaaston

I've never really understood why so many of their buses were re-registered, there either
GNZ****
JJZ****
ENZ****
LUI***
Wonder if origonal registrations will be put back on??

Bob

Any ideas how many of the fleet will be kept?

arrivaaston

I reckon the S reg solos will go and the marshall bodied darts

the trainbasher

2151 was a nice treat in Stourbridge on a otherwise mundane day :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

arrivaaston

That 1 of the LJ51 darts transfered from Arriva London?

Discodave

Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 30, 2013, 07:47:14 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 30, 2013, 06:51:58 PM
Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 30, 2013, 04:47:06 PM

I'd be interested to hear where you get your information from.

Discodave, has posted numerous times that he works in the haulage yard next door to Midlands's depot, so not by trespassing......

Who said anything about trespassing?

Looking through the fence and also did say it was dark so will answer why I was wrong.  Also can see the buses round the back which have bits removed from them being a manager not in the yard as often any more

Translated, the quote appears to suggest that a vault has been removed from a double-decker vehicle and this is not true. No vaults have been removed from any service vehicle.

Sh4318

Arriva MPD on 21 (Oldbury - Bearwood)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk