News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

It will be interesting to see if after this deal both Hill Top & Wednesfield remain open. There's a few routes with questionable arrangements as well, for instance the 33 is currently operated by Arriva & Midland, and the 10 in Wolverhampton works in co-operation with the NXWM service. I can't imagine that lasting!

I'd imagine some routes may change garages as well, for instance several of Midland's Cannock routes would surely move across to Cannock, perhaps in exchange for some Walsall or Wolverhampton Cannock garage routes.

j_rp_wright

I reckon Midlands depot will close and all routes will move to Cannock and Hill top.

andyc225

Looking forward to seeing the Evolutions in Arriva livery - I bet they'd look really smart.

nx4737

nx4737

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 10, 2012, 02:29:16 PM
Will the east lancs tridents stay. i presume they will because midland only brought them from Nottingham city transport this year. Will arriva still operate all the routes Midland Operates or will some routes get withdrawn or transfered to different companys. Will they still operate the Number 18 Wolverhampton-Lyndale and 57 wolverhampton-Bilston.

Slow down a bit matey, the deal won't even be complete until late September, but if you'd read the link, it does state the following...

QuoteArriva Midlands plans to incorporate the fleet of 61 Midland buses into its fleet and plans to operate them under the Arriva brand.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 10, 2012, 03:07:27 PM
Sorry it's just you said in another post that apart from the VDLs and Omnicitys the rest is tat. The tridents and Omniciys will look strange i arriva livery.

The scanias will probably look very similar to the scanias already in the Arriva Midlands fleet

woody38

Will be sorry to see Midland go, hope this is,not  the start of arriva taking over all the independants in the area, I hate the arriva livery it must be one of the most boring liveries ever. Funny how some of the services they are taking over chase used to operate like the 9 Walsall-lodge farm, and look how long that operated once arriva took over it, the only routes arriva operate now that were ex chase are the 1 Walsall-Cannock & the 560 Wolverhampton-Bloxwich which when ever I have seen it carries more fresh air than passengers.

Will have to see what happens in the following months, was wondering what arriva where up to taking on all that tendered work now we now.

Discodave

A lot of staff will be pissed off they left Arriva or sacked and now they are under the control of the old bosses see a lot of people leaving the first thing they will do is re sack by dubious means there ex drivers or like the chase drivers find a way to sack them they did at cannock I know they accused a mate of mine for theft as apparantly a spy said he pressed a wrong fare even though the day in question his takings were perfect and the past weeks from when he was TUPE god help Midland staff (diamond want drivers though) on the bus hand as Midland do compete with NXWM it will now be WAR and Arriva will lose like before

Discodave

just to add arriva did apply as tony found out for an extention of buses kept at cannock to 95 so looks some services may go there

Discodave

Quote from: Badger on August 09, 2012, 10:30:20 PM
How would Network WM passes work if NX went to Telford or Cannock? I know they're valid on the 10/255/256/5/5A which all leave the West Midlands, but not as far out. Would it just be like any other operator (only valid in the WM area)?
They would not simple you answered your own question wm area only with regards to the 255/6 etc it was where the old wmpte worked tony mentioned this in the n bus extention post

Discodave

Quote from: Winston on August 10, 2012, 11:31:05 AM
Quote from: Tony on August 10, 2012, 11:19:50 AM
Here is the official press release

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/arriva-aquire-midland.aspx

Tony,

I'm surprised Arriva haven't acquired the whole of the D&G group, do you have an idea whether it will be Wednesfield or West Bromwich garage that will close? I'm assuming the former is more likely with the VA increase at Cannock etc

I agree with you comment but as D&G are compettion in crewe where Arriva are the main operator would the OFT busy bodies have something to say about it they have about other operators being took over by larger ones and disposals look at firsts problems

j_rp_wright

Perhaps that may be due to Shrewsbury flower show buses are being kept at Cannock depot.

vinh1000

Quote from: woody38 on August 10, 2012, 03:19:45 PM
Will be sorry to see Midland go, hope this is,not  the start of arriva taking over all the independants in the area, I hate the arriva livery it must be one of the most boring liveries ever. Funny how some of the services they are taking over chase used to operate like the 9 Walsall-lodge farm, and look how long that operated once arriva took over it, the only routes arriva operate now that were ex chase are the 1 Walsall-Cannock & the 560 Wolverhampton-Bloxwich which when ever I have seen it carries more fresh air than passengers.

Will have to see what happens in the following months, was wondering what arriva where up to taking on all that tendered work now we now.
Sad to see them go as well - hoping though all routes will still run however
The arriva livery is quite boring yes
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

vinh1000

Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

j_rp_wright

Good planning on Arrivas part, win all their contracts from them and basically offer them a bail out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk