News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sconehead85

Which "Midland" are we talking about-  Midland, Midland Bus Company or Midland Classic?

sconehead85

winston

Quote from: sconehead85 on August 08, 2012, 11:49:27 PM
Which "Midland" are we talking about-  Midland, Midland Bus Company or Midland Classic?

sconehead85

'Midland'

Owned by D&G

Ash

I thought rotala might have tried to purchase midland and expand the bus operations under black and blue diamond depending on location

MW

Quote from: Ash on August 09, 2012, 12:40:36 AM
I thought rotala might have tried to purchase midland and expand the bus operations under black and blue diamond depending on location

I get the impression that Rotala are skint as of late, what with the acquisition of Preston Bus operations.

sconehead85

The "red" Midland company.   I see no reason why Rotala cannot be sold to Arriva, it would make Arriva bigger in the Midlands, Preston (close to Arriva North West) and Bristol.  The coach fleet  could come under TGM. Rotala is only a small player and the share price is low.  The OFT need not be troubled as no monopoly situation would arise.

The Midland company , if acquired would add 33 Dennis Dart MPD/SLF, 17 Optare Solo, 3 Scania Omnicity, 2 VDL SB180, and 2 Dennis Trident (the only dds).  There is an Optare Excel, but that might be sold.

sconehead85

nx4737

QuoteThe Midland company , if acquired would add 33 Dennis Dart MPD/SLF, 17 Optare Solo, 3 Scania Omnicity, 2 VDL SB180, and 2 Dennis Trident (the only dds).  There is an Optare Excel, but that might be sold.

To be fair though, apart form the 2 VDLs and 3 Scanias, the rest is tat and Arriva has enough of there own.

Discodave

too true cannock the nearest garage has a load of crap execpt a few VDL and scanias why buy midland which would involve more dennis shite on the fleet

sconehead85

Depends upon what the vehicle requirement is.  There is no immediate order in prospect to replace the Dart SLFs.  Very soon however Arriva is going to have to place a HUGE order for 500 Dennis Dart replacements as there is a "bubble" of late 1990s SLF Darts.

Some of Wardles bangers are still with Arriva.

sconehead85

nx4737

Quote from: sconehead85 on August 09, 2012, 04:24:34 PM
Depends upon what the vehicle requirement is.  There is no immediate order in prospect to replace the Dart SLFs.  Very soon however Arriva is going to have to place a HUGE order for 500 Dennis Dart replacements as there is a "bubble" of late 1990s SLF Darts.

Some of Wardles bangers are still with Arriva.

sconehead85

I'm 99% sure that won't be one single 500 bus order...  The old Darts still have some life left in them yet.

vinh1000

Be interesting to see if this happens or not  ;)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

nx4737

Tony

There is a drivers' meeting at one of the West Midlands operators at 7pm tonight where they are being told the company is being taken over by another. Official announcement will be made tomorrow

Ck

Yes I said this 2 weeks ago that I had heard a rumour that ARRIVA where taking over midland

MW

I think we can safely say that the joint NXWM-Midland route will cease joint operation lol. I really hope that NX put up a fight to drive Arriva out.

Bob

Yea maybe NX will come back to Cannock lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk