News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Metro service suspended until further notice

Started by Solo1, November 12, 2021, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Trams will return to running the full line to Library from tomorrow (12th Feb).

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

suavegarv

Has this been announced publicly,or is it a softly,softly resumption of service?

Tony

Quote from: suavegarv on February 11, 2022, 09:33:14 PM
Has this been announced publicly,or is it a softly,softly resumption of service?

Andy Street has put it on his Facebook page

DJ

Quote from: Tony on February 11, 2022, 09:54:26 PM
Andy Street has put it on his Facebook page

It's also on the Metro website and Twitter, and on the Express and Star.

Gareth

Quote from: DJ on February 12, 2022, 12:18:32 AM
It's also on the Metro website and Twitter, and on the Express and Star.

Yet nothing on the Metro or TfWM Facebook pages. You'd think they'd want to advertise its reopening.

Stuharris 6360

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-60359755

I thought that the reason that trams were not going to The Library was because of the track replacement work, not the problems they were having with the trams?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 13, 2022, 04:51:37 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-60359755

I thought that the reason that trams were not going to The Library was because of the track replacement work, not the problems they were having with the trams?

The track replacement was a seperate issue, once that was resolved, it was a lack of available vehicles that meant services were curtailed to Bull Street - longer route + same frequency = higher PVR

As more vehicles get repaired, and new ones become available for service, we may yet see trams going past Five Ways!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on February 13, 2022, 07:40:07 PM
The track replacement was a seperate issue, once that was resolved, it was a lack of available vehicles that meant services were curtailed to Bull Street - longer route + same frequency = higher PVR

As more vehicles get repaired, and new ones become available for service, we may yet see trams going past Five Ways!

And hopefully, along the Pipers Row extension at t'other end!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

danny

When are both extensions due to open does anyone know, also, how is the Dudley extension coming along, havnt been past it in ages last I saw the road outside zoo was being dug up??
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

DJ

Quote from: danny on February 14, 2022, 03:39:51 PM
When are both extensions due to open does anyone know, also, how is the Dudley extension coming along, havnt been past it in ages last I saw the road outside zoo was being dug up??

There's an update on it in the local rag today, the first tracks have now been laid along Castle Hill, with the mayor there for the usual publicity photos.

DJ

Service suspended again today, after a reduced service yesterday. Who wants to take bets on the problem this time?  ::)

the trainbasher

Quote from: DJ on March 19, 2022, 12:21:53 PM
Service suspended again today, after a reduced service yesterday. Who wants to take bets on the problem this time?  ::)

Fiver on a points failure

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ginger66

low and behold trams are suspended yet again.   

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk