News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Metro service suspended until further notice

Started by Solo1, November 12, 2021, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

NXWM are accepting metro tickets until Friday

Ginger66

maybe time to look at Parry Peoples Movers as they produce as PPM 50 and 60 Single Deck Tram or a PPM130 (two PPM60 back to back)

Stevo

A tram ran slowly towards Upper Bull St this afternoon from the Snow Hill direction. I was too far away to see a fleet number but it did have a Contravision ad on the centre section so I doubt it's one of the new cars. The strange thing about all this is that the Edinburgh system has CAF Urbos trams too, but they seem to have no cracks.

Celestial Toymaker

ive never been a fan of these trams
problems have plagued it for years, the ONLY times ive tried to use it, they have been stacked out and still trying to get more on when there is no room left.

my suggestions......

(A) SCRAP THE LOT
(B) ORDER A NEW FLEET FROM SOMEBODY MORE RELIABLE
(C) SACK ANDY STREET
(D) A FULL PUBLIC ENQUIRY INTO THE WHOLE DISASTER SHOULD BE HELD

(E) SEE IF BLACKPOOL CAN SPARE A FEW FROM THE HERITAGE FLEET http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/Smileys/aaron/tongue.gif
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on March 21, 2022, 06:16:40 PM
ive never been a fan of these trams
problems have plagued it for years, the ONLY times ive tried to use it, they have been stacked out and still trying to get more on when there is no room left.

my suggestions......

(A) SCRAP THE LOT
(B) ORDER A NEW FLEET FROM SOMEBODY MORE RELIABLE
(C) SACK ANDY STREET
(D) A FULL PUBLIC ENQUIRY INTO THE WHOLE DISASTER SHOULD BE HELD

(E) SEE IF BLACKPOOL CAN SPARE A FEW FROM THE HERITAGE FLEET http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/Smileys/aaron/tongue.gif

Not sure how scrapping the lot, and ordering a new fleet is supposed to stop your overcrowding problem

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2022, 06:18:18 PM
Not sure how scrapping the lot, and ordering a new fleet is supposed to stop your overcrowding problem
the new trams would be bigger or, at peak times do as Blackpool does and double up
i.e. join 2 trams together
or add some short workings

its certainly time to do something instead of insisting Line 1 will extend
and new routes will be built - get what youve got working or go back to buses
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on March 21, 2022, 06:27:02 PM
the new trams would be bigger or, at peak times do as Blackpool does and double up
i.e. join 2 trams together
or add some short workings

its certainly time to do something instead of insisting Line 1 will extend
and new routes will be built - get what youve got working or go back to buses

How do you suppose running bigger or double trams on the existing infrastructure?#

Blackpool do not run double trams

Steveminor

I like option E.

Borrow some Balloons from BTS until a permanent fix is in place

Ginger66

According to Andy Streets post this evening the cracks are around the doors.

Ginger66

If Midland Metro hired Balloons from Blackpool they could only run from Grand Central to Saint Pauls or Priestfield to Wolverhampton

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2022, 02:27:40 PM
NXWM are accepting metro tickets until Friday
& if the trams are not fixed by the weekend will NXWM Extend the acceptance of metro tickets untill it's fixed

Steveminor

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 21, 2022, 08:40:03 PM
If Midland Metro hired Balloons from Blackpool they could only run from Grand Central to Saint Pauls or Priestfield to Wolverhampton

Better than nothing though & gives the opportunity for some PR spin on how Birmingham has a touch of the seaside with Blackpool trams making an appearance

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

Stevo

And the WM system has regeneration when the trams brake, meaning the voltage can go as high as 1000 volts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk