News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM sponsors WCR FM Drive Show

Started by Wumpty, October 12, 2021, 02:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

National Express West Midlands have teamed up with local radio station, Wolverhampton's 101.8 WCR FM, to sponsor their drivetime show.

The package sees NXWM sponsor their the drivetime show with Stuart Hickman between 4-7pm weekdays, and airs the new "Brill Buses" commercials voiced by 'This Morning' presenter Alison Hammond, and

The deal also sees NXWM providing buses for their outside broadcasts and roadshows around Wolverhampton, with the first being this Friday for Local Radio Day at Wolverhampton Bus Station between 2-4pm.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Surprised it wasn't the Breakfast Show for obvious reasons?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on October 12, 2021, 05:53:10 PM

You don't know much about marketing then!  8)

It makes more sense to sponsor and advertise on the 'DriveTime' show, for obvious reasons.

I don't know what listener figures are like for WCR, but I would hazard a guess that during the DriveTime show there will be a lot of people listening via radio in their car while driving. The theory would go that if drivers are sat stuck in slow moving traffic, some subtle advertising about bus services *might* get them to consider trying the bus instead.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Tile Choice appear to already sponsor the breakfast show.

Westy

Must ask the one sister in law about 'marketing ', as she's done it in the past!

I'd try & get it on the warehouse radio, but it's bad enough trying to get them to retune from the likes of Kissstory & Capital.

We're lucky if we get Absolute on!

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on October 12, 2021, 05:53:10 PM

Quote from: ellspurs on October 12, 2021, 06:15:55 PM
Tile Choice appear to already sponsor the breakfast show.

Breakfast is sponsored by Tile Choice, so Drive was the perfect fit.

Quote from: Stu on October 12, 2021, 06:13:50 PM
You don't know much about marketing then!  8)

It makes more sense to sponsor and advertise on the 'DriveTime' show, for obvious reasons.

I don't know what listener figures are like for WCR, but I would hazard a guess that during the DriveTime show there will be a lot of people listening via radio in their car while driving. The theory would go that if drivers are sat stuck in slow moving traffic, some subtle advertising about bus services *might* get them to consider trying the bus instead.

Not so much knowing about marketing on this occasion, it was more to do with existing relationships and finding a the best fit for their product. Statistically, there are more cars on the road between 4-6pm than there are between 7-9am, so the synergy of NXWM and WCR FM at peak traffic time was perfect.

They are also doing a live outside broadcast from Wolverhampton Bus Station on Friday afternoon (subject to TfWM clearance) for Local Radio Day to further bolster the partnership.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

To be honest, I haven't listened to Wcr for ages.

The last time we listened was when Supergold Stu was on Sundays, because he used to work with my sister years ago!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk