News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes October 3rd 2021.

Started by 2206, September 24, 2021, 01:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB2938

Quote from: Westy on September 25, 2021, 11:16:49 PM
Talking of the 8 & 9 in Walsall, there seems to be a bit of confusion over which version of the 'new' timetable to use.

If you look at the timetable, by going in via the link from the 8 web page, it brings up the current 5 September timetable, albeit in the 'old' format.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/services-timetables/8-walsall-lichfield

If you go in via the 9 web page, it brings up the new format & a choice of the current timetable or the 3/10 version.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/services-timetables/9-walsall-bloxwich

If you select the 3/10 version, you will get the new format timetable, but if you look carefully, you will notice the timetable is duplicated in the main!

It's obviously wrong.

There js timetable changes to 8 and 9 from 03 October to try and improve reliability
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Quote from: PB2938 on September 26, 2021, 02:09:30 PM

There js timetable changes to 8 and 9 from 03 October to try and improve reliability

Well, according to both my sister & someone I know in Pelsall,  they both need it, but have you actually looked at the 'new ' timetable I quoted.

Unless they're running duplicates,  it's definitely wrong!

I have flagged it to Nx on Twitter in the meantime,  so see what happens!

PB2938

Yes the earlier departure Is the new time. Looks like the new Timetable is on there and the old Timetable hasn't been deleted same as 51 Timetable meant to be every 12 minutes.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

MasterPlan

The timetables published for the X21/X22 on the NX site for 3rd October are literally exactly the same as what they are now for some reason.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Jack6101

Looks like WB operate some journeys on the 12's and 13's again , haven't seen it mentioned tho saw a few WB buses on there since Monday
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Sh4318

Quote from: Jack6101 on October 06, 2021, 08:50:42 PM
Looks like WB operate some journeys on the 12's and 13's again , haven't seen it mentioned tho saw a few WB buses on there since Monday

Quote from: Sh4318 on October 04, 2021, 09:16:37 AM
Looks like WB are back jointly running the 12s & 13s. Which can only be a good thing as all four routes are crying out for more deckers

I had a feeling it wouldn't be long until WB were operating this routes again
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Not seen this mentioned but alongside the usual trip WB did on the X8 they are also operating the 06:55 ex Wolves & 08:49 ex Brum

BNH2004

Quote from: 4679 on October 06, 2021, 10:31:06 PM
Not seen this mentioned but alongside the usual trip WB did on the X8 they are also operating the 06:55 ex Wolves & 08:49 ex Brum

X8 I think gets 4 journeys operated by WB 2 journeys from Wolves and 2 from Brum

PN run a trip on 16 Wolves to Stourbridge and then Stourbridge to Wolves

Both have been operating for a while now

Westy

Quote from: Westy on October 28, 2021, 12:53:32 PM
Seems to be the most appropiate thread at the moment, but it looks like TFWM are starting to do the online changes page again !

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/ways-to-travel/buses-in-the-west-midlands/upcoming-bus-changes/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo
Interestingly Diamond Bus 93 Smiths Wood to Small Heath Park via Stechford, Ward End, Heartlands Hosp. Long winding route there. Replacing 28A and the 53.
The part of the 53 along the Alum Rock Road into the City Centre (which is served by alternative services), the part of the 28A round the St Andrews Football Ground/Shopping Park are withdrawn, alongside route changes in Shard End/Smiths Wood. PVR cut from 3 to 2 as well.
https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_18093_T_H_y11_1-1

Also says Diamond Bus 75 at the Airport is withdrawn (with alternative NXWM X12 and Claribel 75 services still running).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

End of an era to the long and varied life of the 663/53. I still remember it's first incarnation when operated by Midland Red West in the late 80s.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 28, 2021, 02:21:23 PM
The part of the 53 along the Alum Rock Road into the City Centre (which is served by alternative services), the part of the 28A round the St Andrews Football Ground/Shopping Park are withdrawn, alongside route changes in Shard End/Smiths Wood.

28A hasn't gone as far as St Andrews Retail Park for some time now, think it changed when Thandi took over.
https://bustimes.org/services/28a-ward-end-small-heath-via-bordesley-green-4#map
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on October 28, 2021, 02:21:23 PM
Interestingly Diamond Bus 93 Smiths Wood to Small Heath Park via Stechford, Ward End, Heartlands Hosp. Long winding route there. Replacing 28A and the 53.
The part of the 53 along the Alum Rock Road into the City Centre (which is served by alternative services), the part of the 28A round the St Andrews Football Ground/Shopping Park are withdrawn, alongside route changes in Shard End/Smiths Wood. PVR cut from 3 to 2 as well.
https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_18093_T_H_y11_1-1

Also says Diamond Bus 75 at the Airport is withdrawn (with alternative NXWM X12 and Claribel 75 services still running).

The parts of the 93 that have changed in Castle Bromwich are the only areas where I've observed people catching the old 53, although the Morrisons - Middle Leaford link is retained. I understand that both TfWM and Diamond would have reviewed the route and made what they feel are the appropriate changes, the 96 is there to cover the areas that have been omitted from that part of the route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk