News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Last step entry buses

Started by sconehead85, July 25, 2012, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Glad its not just me that thinks there crap in vannock.they have breakdowns on an almost daily basis. Thats not normal. Also as someone on the autistic spectrum I would be classed as having a disability so I wouldnt make snide remarks about that sort of thing

Tony

Quote from: bob on April 22, 2013, 07:46:53 PM
On the whole I would still say theyre a better bus than a Dart though Tony? I always thought it odd that wmpte as it was tgen only purchased metrobuses throughout the 80s, didnt they plan to dual source with some more ailsas in early 80s and then with olympians a couple of years later but for some or other reason it didnt happen?

I don't ever remember there being a possible Olympian order. WMCC (who controlled the PTE) did refuse the PTE's request to purchase a second batch of Ailsa's. 75 Leyland Titans were ordered in 1978 along with Metrobuses 2001-75 (presumably Park Royal were OK despite being outside the West Midlands as they had supplied many fleetline bodies). This order never arrived because of Leyland's Stupidity in closing Park Royal before production at Workington was set up properly.

Bob

I think there was an attempt to order olympians in 1982 its in the book 'west middlands pte' dug it out last night they had the roe bodied demonstrator that year then had it again the following year which gave them a chance to evaluate what had been missed according to the book

Bob

Pity they dont extend the 936 to cannock and finish off the 33 eh? Lol

sconehead85

Any recent step entry sightings?  2038 has been spotted, but now I am interested in Scanias 34xx, and Wardles three Leyland Olympian tri-axles and four Volvo Olympians.

Thanks in advance.

sconehead85

arrivaaston

If it counts I think 3416 is parked up at cannocks yard withdrawn and 3419 now wardles, I don't no what's happened to 3415 as that was in cannocks yard damaged

Bob

Just been on a N-PUT scania on the 890, ive got to say old step entry buses are so much nicer and more comfortable to travel on, this bus even more so now its been fitted with coach seats! ( were these removed from h-dvm b10m buses?)

sconehead85

I am surprised its still around with the new/used arrivals.  3613-9 alone could see off the last step Scanias.

sconehead85

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on June 15, 2013, 03:06:41 PM
Just been on a N-PUT scania on the 890, ive got to say old step entry buses are so much nicer and more comfortable to travel on, this bus even more so now its been fitted with coach seats! ( were these removed from h-dvm b10m buses?)
I'm guessing so - but don't back me up on it.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Yea great buses :) loads better than low floor crap

Bob

Quote from: sconehead85 on June 16, 2013, 01:56:48 AM
I am surprised its still around with the new/used arrivals.  3613-9 alone could see off the last step Scanias.

sconehead85

Dont think theyre intended for Telford

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on June 16, 2013, 04:05:53 PM
Quote from: sconehead85 on June 16, 2013, 01:56:48 AM

sconehead85

Dont think theyre intended for Telford

:o
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

arrivaaston

The 3 tri axle leyland olys are now withdrawn and sitting in Cannocks yard

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: arrivaaston on July 25, 2013, 02:33:10 PM
The 3 tri axle leyland olys are now withdrawn and sitting in Cannocks yard

What is there now as their replacement?

arrivaaston

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk