News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Nx website

Started by monkeyjoe, August 10, 2021, 08:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I like what they have done with the timetables ie the 94/55 and now integrated like back in the 90s etc very impressed.

ellspurs

Wow, the actual timetable not being in .pdf and immediately visible with more than 3-4 timing points is also a massive improvement. I was going to complain about the sheer lack of timing points that were being used in timetables these days but this has mitigated that.

A slight complaint would be the multiple instances where the same location are on two separate lines, but I suppose that'd need someone coming in and merging them by hand, so I can see why it hasn't been done in this instance.

monkeyjoe

Massive step forward in my view

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 10, 2021, 08:09:29 PM
I like what they have done with the timetables ie the 94/55 and now integrated like back in the 90s etc very impressed.
Improvement, but one small thing is can they not have the stop names on the timetable match the stop names on the actual stop flags, instead of referring to the same stop by different names, so its uniform. e.g on the NX timetable they refer to the stop actually named Highfield Road as "Cross Gun" and there are several others as well between Saltley & Fox & Goose.

I think traveline names them by whats actually on the stop and correctly:
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=33094&sup=P&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA01_69594296&lineVer=24&itdLPxx_spTr=24&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=NXB

More examples being the 11 stop on Bromford Lane that NX are referring to as "Police Station", when there is no police station there,  the Sladefield Rd 94 stop is incorrectly said on the NX site to be in Alum Rock, traveline label both stops correctly I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on August 10, 2021, 09:12:14 PM
Improvement, but one small thing is can they not have the stop names on the timetable match the stop names on the actual stop flags, instead of referring to the same stop by different names, so its uniform. e.g on the NX timetable they refer to the stop actually named Highfield Road as "Cross Gun" and there are several others as well between Saltley & Fox & Goose.

I think traveline names them by whats actually on the stop and correctly:
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=33094&sup=P&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA01_69594296&lineVer=24&itdLPxx_spTr=24&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=NXB

More examples being the 11 stop on Bromford Lane that NX are referring to as "Police Station", when there is no police station there,  the Sladefield Rd 94 stop is incorrectly said on the NX site to be in Alum Rock, traveline label both stops correctly I think.

So Ridgpoint House isn't part of West Midlands police any more?

Quote from: Tony on August 11, 2021, 04:49:08 PM
So Ridgpoint House isn't part of West Midlands police any more?
I'm not sure, its a private offices building (even if it is owned by the police). Its not police station/open to the public like the one at Stechford, The stop is named St Margarets Ave by TFWM on the flag.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on August 11, 2021, 04:53:43 PM
I'm not sure, its a private offices building (even if it is owned by the police). Its not police station/open to the public like the one at Stechford, The stop is named St Margarets Ave by TFWM on the flag.

It's where the police do all their forensics stuff

ellspurs

@2206, that would involve a massive review of NX's database to have the stops match what TfWM call it. In all honestly a one-time job, but a lot of background work to do in order to make it possible.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 10, 2021, 09:12:14 PM

Quote from: ellspurs on August 11, 2021, 05:37:17 PM
@2206, that would involve a massive review of NX's database to have the stops match what TfWM call it. In all honestly a one-time job, but a lot of background work to do in order to make it possible.

I would hazard a guess that some stops on the website may not show the same as on the bus stop flag, due to utilising BODS data to generate timetable information?

If you compare against the list of stops shown on BusTimes, this may become clearer.

And what is shown on BusTimes also matches the Next Stop Announcements (NSAs) where available. For example on the 2 and 3, when Platinums/EVs are used, it announces 'Coldbath Road' instead of 'Swanshurst Lane', which is correct for the list of stops shown on BusTimes.

I guess eventually the flags will get updated with the new/correct stop name, presumably once TfWM update their own database with the stop names utilised on whatever database BODS uses.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 11, 2021, 06:55:31 PM
I would hazard a guess that some stops on the website may not show the same as on the bus stop flag, due to utilising BODS data to generate timetable information?

If you compare against the list of stops shown on BusTimes, this may become clearer.

And what is shown on BusTimes also matches the Next Stop Announcements (NSAs) where available. For example on the 2 and 3, when Platinums/EVs are used, it announces 'Coldbath Road' instead of 'Swanshurst Lane', which is correct for the list of stops shown on BusTimes.

I guess eventually the flags will get updated with the new/correct stop name, presumably once TfWM update their own database with the stop names utilised on whatever database BODS uses.
Bus Times and Traveline matches whats on the flags on the stops, from what I can see.
From what I can see NX are using an outdated list of stop names. Another one Blakesley Road stop name changed on the actual flag to Blakesley Hall a few months back, NX still call it Blakesley Road.
https://bustimes.org/stops/43000456102
Likewise St Margarets Ave stop did used to have the name "police station", but TFWM clearly renamed it to a more appropriate name a few years back. NX still using the old name.

The full list of stops from Fox & Goose to Saltley should be Fox & Goose, Twyford Rd, Foley Rd, St Agathas Rd, Sladefiled Road, Ward End Library, Drews Lane, Common Lane, Highfield Road, Wright Road, Sandway Gardens, Hutton Road, Saltley Gate as they are named on bus times.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 11, 2021, 06:59:50 PM
Bus Times and Traveline matches whats on the flags on the stops, from what I can see.

You didn't read the example I gave just then?

The stop flags (all three of them) show the stop name as 'Swanshurst Lane' (as they have done for many years), while BusTimes, Google Maps and NX's own onboard NSAs now have them as 'Coldbath Road'.

These flags are all the 'new' TfWM design (in red/white), and were replaced sometime last year.

There are a couple of other 'anomalies' on these routes, namely the first stop where the 3 turns left (from city) onto Trittiford Road is now announced as 'Mayford Grove' (same as on BusTimes and Google Maps) though the flag still shows 'Billesley Common'. And towards city, the stop opposite the shops (Zebs, Nisa etc) is announced as 'Oakcroft Road' (same as BusTimes and Google Maps), though the flag still shows 'Brook Lane' as the stop name.

Granted, both those stops still have the old NWM blue flags, and haven't been replaced for some reason.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk