News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on August 31, 2021, 11:15:03 AM
Why? Displaying "serivce extra" instead of "55" would be even worse surely. Then you wouldn't know if its a X12, 14, 94, 95 or what route its on.  (At least 55 and 95 are the same route.)
When 4797 was on the X21 some time ago now, it caused a lot of confusion with its blank destination display.

Tongue in cheek reference to the BCT and early WMPTE days when buses had roller blinds. Buses on loan to other garages or recent transfers would display the correct service number but if they didn't have the correct destination on the blind, it would typically be set to the fairly unhelpful "SERVICE EXTRA" which was on all Birmingham garage blinds (can't speak for Black Country or Coventry).

You'd probably need to be in your fifties or older to remember it.

MasterPlan

For some reason a temporary stop has been put on a tree at the bottom of Woodcock Lane adjacent to the inbound one on the other side. No mention of another stop on Woodcock Lane for the X21 on the website though, not sure what the point of this temporary stop is.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Gareth

I did note a solitary 95 working this afternoon. Just to confuse things further. Now we have two different route numbers running the same route.
I'm as pro NXWM as they come, but this is extremely poor show.

SK68MEV

Quote from: Gareth on August 31, 2021, 06:18:51 PM
I did note a solitary 95 working this afternoon. Just to confuse things further. Now we have two different route numbers running the same route.
I'm as pro NXWM as they come, but this is extremely poor show.
it's more of the PB buses showing 55 and the bc enviros showing 95 very confusing for passengers
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Westy

Quote from: Mike K on August 31, 2021, 05:26:02 PM
Tongue in cheek reference to the BCT and early WMPTE days when buses had roller blinds. Buses on loan to other garages or recent transfers would display the correct service number but if they didn't have the correct destination on the blind, it would typically be set to the fairly unhelpful "SERVICE EXTRA" which was on all Birmingham garage blinds (can't speak for Black Country or Coventry).

You'd probably need to be in your fifties or older to remember it.

From what I remember, Walsall displayed blanks.

Once, back in school days, when the 301 ruled supreme between Walsall & Hednesford, I saw a loan Metrobus, managing to display Walsall only, so presumably turning to blank for the return journey.

Taking a guess, the loan was from either Wolves, West Bromwich or Perry Barr, as they had Walsall routes/duties at the time!

don

Quote from: SK68MEV on August 31, 2021, 06:27:03 PM
it's more of the PB buses showing 55 and the bc enviros showing 95 very confusing for passengers

I'm surprised they haven't just applied stickers temporarily to the offending buses. You have to ask why on earth it's been renumbered in the first place of the route hasn't changed!!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 31, 2021, 11:00:52 AM
There's been some confusion in the Bartley Green groups as to where it stops on Adam's Hill too.

I'm running a survey on my WMBU website regarding awareness of and issues with these latest changes.

A common complaint I'm seeing is that because the bus stops in Bartley Green haven't had flags updated, no-one knows where to catch the bus from!

That in my opinion is a major failing on the part of TfWM, as usually they manage to get most stops updated well in advance of any forthcoming changes.

Regarding wrong route numbers/destinations, as well as buses still showing 55 or X70 as already mentioned here, I note in Tony's latest photos from 29th August two examples of incorrect destinations (unless the photos weren't actually taken on the 29th in which case I gracefully withdraw!), namely a 2 to Maypole, and a 27 to Longbridge Station.

This is in my opinion a failing on the part of the bus operator, as again they usually manage to run round all the buses with a USB stick to update the displays in advance of such changes. And likewise, drivers should be properly briefed as to what displays need to be selected.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: don on August 31, 2021, 06:35:51 PM
You have to ask why on earth it's been renumbered in the first place of the route hasn't changed!!!
It means 94/95 run to Ward End and X12/X13 to Bromford/Castle Bromwich. Like the Stratford Rd/Hagley Rd renumbering. Which makes sense, but the buses and flags should be changed accordingly.

DTS need to correct their destinations as well, their blue dart said"Dudely Road" on it today.

Quote from: SK68MEV on August 31, 2021, 06:27:03 PM
I saw a Gemini, PB Platinum, BC red and white E400 and Trident earlier. All displaying 55 still.
Also the Gemini work all 3 double deck routes at the Fox & Goose now 11, 94, 95. Only the 28 they don't see.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pat

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2021, 06:36:38 PM

This is in my opinion a failing on the part of the bus operator, as again they usually manage to run round all the buses with a USB stick to update the displays in advance of such changes. And likewise, drivers should be properly briefed as to what displays need to be selected.
Regarding the 2, I saw a Scania displaying 'Warstock via Stoney Lane' a few weeks ago.

Stu

Quote from: Pat on August 31, 2021, 06:58:04 PM
Regarding the 2, I saw a Scania displaying 'Warstock via Stoney Lane' a few weeks ago.

The 2 has always run to Warstock only in the late evenings, so that destination is already programmed. On Sundays now (from 29th Aug), all daytime journeys terminate at Warstock, no longer running through to Maypole.
My locals:

monkeyjoe

They should issue some sort of explanation apology to customers I think, admit their errors and promise resolution etc

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2021, 06:36:38 PM
I'm running a survey on my WMBU website regarding awareness of and issues with these latest changes.

A common complaint I'm seeing is that because the bus stops in Bartley Green haven't had flags updated, no-one knows where to catch the bus from!

That in my opinion is a major failing on the part of TfWM, as usually they manage to get most stops updated well in advance of any forthcoming changes.

Regarding wrong route numbers/destinations, as well as buses still showing 55 or X70 as already mentioned here, I note in Tony's latest photos from 29th August two examples of incorrect destinations (unless the photos weren't actually taken on the 29th in which case I gracefully withdraw!), namely a 2 to Maypole, and a 27 to Longbridge Station.

The photos were taken on Sat 28, last day of old timetable

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 31, 2021, 07:54:22 PM
The photos were taken on Sat 28, last day of old timetable

Thanks for the clarification, I'm happy to stand corrected!
My locals:

BBS

Quote from: Pat on August 31, 2021, 05:04:24 PM
Yes, because they interwork
but why is mmc the allocations for 46/41?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: bbs on August 31, 2021, 08:23:13 PM
but why is mmc the allocations for 46/41?

Because those routes don't need double decks?

How do you know what the allocation is anyway?
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk