News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 20, 2021, 03:03:19 PM
Do PE have enough buses to run all four routes?

No I have messed up and left them short  >:(

Steveminor

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2021, 03:47:47 PM
No I have messed up and left them short  >:(

There goes that pension then @Tony

mesub

Quote from: Tony on August 20, 2021, 09:49:19 AM
Plenty spare during school holidays with reduced running times which is why yyou see them now, but as gareth says different in two weeks time

Ahhhh, so that's why there hasn't been any enviros (or the odd trident) on the 23/4.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

metrocity

Quote from: Steveminor on August 20, 2021, 06:17:17 PM
There goes that pension then @Tony
Finding drivers tends to be more of a challenge than finding buses these days....

BN

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 20, 2021, 03:03:19 PM
Do PE have enough buses to run all four routes? I can see an abundance of B7RLE flooding the routes
I think Tony knows what he's doing, plus don't forget the 7 is going to Wolverhampton.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Westy on August 17, 2021, 10:20:15 PM
As I've said before, Diamond will have the most work with the debranding, certainly with the 31 / 32, as they'll have to remove reference to the 32 for starters as well as the 'every 3 mins' frequency.

All Nx will have to do is change the frequency.

I assume both companies are keeping their own £2.50 return fare?

Repainting is another matter presumbly.

Incidently, it looks like NX have 'inherited' those early Sunday morning journeys from Diamond, which makes sense with them being run from the nearest depot on route, rather than a depot miles away, but I'm surprised they haven't been partly incorparated into those early Sunday X51 journeys.

I suspect Diamond will repaint the buses in fleet livery. NX won't need to bother as the TfWM livery was almost identical to the NX livery.

Westy

Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 20, 2021, 10:10:46 PM
I suspect Diamond will repaint the buses in fleet livery. NX won't need to bother as the TfWM livery was almost identical to the NX livery.

I suppose the NX WM Bus liveried vehicles might get a repaint eventually.

I was talking about the branding.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: BN on August 20, 2021, 09:51:42 PM
I think Tony knows what he's doing, plus don't forget the 7 is going to Wolverhampton.

sorry if I have missed a reply, but what will the 7 interwork with now its going to Wolverhampton?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 20, 2021, 10:55:19 PM
sorry if I have missed a reply, but what will the 7 interwork with now its going to Wolverhampton?

I believe its the 27 or 82 as they both terminate at Dudley.

The 81 looks self contained

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 20, 2021, 10:55:19 PM

Interwork with the 82
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2021, 10:50:42 PM
I suppose the NX WM Bus liveried vehicles might get a repaint eventually.

I was talking about the branding.

The branding will be removed, at least for the Diamond ones. 32307's got removed on Thursday, after it came back from repaint. I believe the route branding and 'West Midlands Bus' logos will be removed from the ones that won't be done in time, and they'll be kept away from the former partnership routes to avoid any confusion for passengers.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

MasterPlan

Speaking of branding removal, they haven't got long to remove the branding from 6880-89.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 21, 2021, 10:18:44 AM
Speaking of branding removal, they haven't got long to remove the branding from 6880-89.
Or at least remove reference to the X20 on the branding.
If the branding is modified or they are rebranded they might actually gain the internal platinum branding as well?

The Sutton branding will presumably have to have reference to Minworth removed as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Isn't there a few branded vehicles that will need updating?

The 529's have been 'Every 7 mins' for the last few years,

Now, it's going down to every 10 mins or less!

(And internal branding needs looking at as well, A few references to now withdrawn /renumbered routes!)

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Westy on August 21, 2021, 12:03:08 PM
Isn't there a few branded vehicles that will need updating?

The 529's have been 'Every 7 mins' for the last few years,

Now, it's going down to every 10 mins or less!

(And internal branding needs looking at as well, A few references to now withdrawn /renumbered routes!)
The branding doesn't need changing, If you look at the new 529 timetable on Traveline you will see that it mainly runs every 8 minutes but in peaks does occasionally run ever 7 minutes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk