News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

Quote from: Jack D on August 06, 2021, 05:03:52 PM
Does Anyone know the 96 changes how the route is going to work in shard end??

And is it still serving the fort?

BBS

Quote from: Stu on August 06, 2021, 09:49:31 AM
Apart from the 1A/41, none of those have been confirmed?
I haven't said they were confirmed either. I also said what changes were on the registrations
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack D

58 and 72 are inter working from 29th suggesting 72 is going single decker?

Tony

Quote from: Jack D on August 07, 2021, 01:01:27 PM

Where do you get that idea from?

It is totally incorrect. The 72 is still booked Gemini which cannot be used on the 58

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2021, 01:14:11 PM
Where do you get that idea from?

It is totally incorrect. The 72 is still booked Gemini which cannot be used on the 58
I thought AG Gemini can't be used on Lode Lane from September are AG getting some Gemini from PB/WB? Or will it be booked E400 MMC instead?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on August 07, 2021, 01:18:56 PM
I thought AG Gemini can't be used on Lode Lane from September are AG getting some Gemini from PB/WB? Or will it be booked E400 MMC instead?

There's a lot of presumptions going on here.

No, very few transfers for the August changes

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2021, 01:22:58 PM
There's a lot of presumptions going on here.

No, very few transfers for the August changes

I was wondering where the September thing came from. They haven't got the Sprint corridor completely ready yet, have they?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack D on August 07, 2021, 01:01:27 PM
How could the 58 and 72 interwork when the 58 is every 30 minutes and the 72 is every 8 minutes ?

Jack D

I was just going by what a 58 driver told me today!

Jack D

Also @Tony do you have any further information about the 96 what it's route change is going to be, what route will it take through shard end?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jack D on August 07, 2021, 01:59:34 PM
Also @Tony do you have any further information about the 96 what it's route change is going to be, what route will it take through shard end?

The announcement should be next week or so, be patient and wait?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Westy

Quote from: Jack D on August 07, 2021, 01:58:17 PM

Is there any reason why drivers are allowed to mention this sort of information to passengers, when the likes of Tony aren't allowed to mention changes etc on this forum until a certain date?

This happens every time major changes are afoot.

Surely there must be a confidentalty agreement signed somewhere?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 07, 2021, 04:09:44 PM
Is there any reason why drivers are allowed to mention this sort of information to passengers, when the likes of Tony aren't allowed to mention changes etc on this forum until a certain date?

More speculation. I can mention anything I know, but as I posted earlier I work for engineering so only need to know the number of vehicles required for routes, I don't know the minute detail of the route changes. The only reason I know the BC ones is because that is where I am currently based and there are notices around the garage.

Drivers only know changes once they are posted in the garage, but sometimes drivers will invent things, like the 58 & 72 interworking

Steveminor

The 58 72 thing could just be combining the rota so maybe first portion on 72 then second portion on 58. That would make more sense than the actual routes interworking

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on August 07, 2021, 01:58:17 PM

Quote from: Westy on August 07, 2021, 04:09:44 PM

Most 'rumours' that get spread on this forum (that never materialise) seem to come from 'drivers', either directly to enthusiasts or through overheard conversations.

Some drivers might make stuff up, "for a laugh", then watch how far the rumour spreads online.

Some drivers might not know for certain, and could be speculating amongst themselves. Again, part of a conversation gets overheard, and it becomes a 'rumour'.

Now I know there's nothing wrong with rumours, but it seems that some get repeated often enough that some people confuse them with the 'truth'.

That's my opinion anyway.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk