News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Steveminor on July 23, 2021, 05:46:13 PM
Changes now registered for 29th August.
Service 36 no longer serving Foremans rd & Stratford rd now serving battery way & extended to small heath station via golden hillock rd.

Service 604.
Warren farm is withdrawn with buses starting from Kingstanding circke.
Halton rd & braemar rd are removed with buses now serving Melrose Avenue and Monmouth drive.
Buses extended from mere green to Hillhook Bishops way via the lichfield rd.

Some exciting new links for these longstanding services

So the 36 is very close to being a circular route.
I don't know if I'm over thinking this, but is the NEW 41 going to serve Formans Road, Stratford Road, Showell Green Lane and Yardley Wood Road to Wake Green Road, then replacing the rest of the 1A ?  The reason why I say this is because I'm wondering if the proposal for the Stratford Road services which was muted last year is going to happen ? If so I think remember the part of the revision for the 5 was to run on Stratford Road to Cole Bank Road, with the NEW 41 serving Showell Green Lane to enable this to happen

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 23, 2021, 06:24:54 PM
I don't know if I'm over thinking this, but is the NEW 41 going to serve Formans Road, Stratford Road, Showell Green Lane and Yardley Wood Road to Wake Green Road, then replacing the rest of the 1A ?  The reason why I say this is because I'm wondering if the proposal for the Stratford Road services which was muted last year is going to happen ? If so I think remember the part of the revision for the 5 was to run on Stratford Road to Cole Bank Road, with the NEW 41 serving Showell Green Lane to enable this to happen

I suppose it depends on passenger loadings along Formans Road - it seems senseless for the new 41 service to take such a lengthy detour from the 1 route just to cover that road.

Also, you couldn't run a route along Showell Green Lane from that direction anyway - presently from city journeys on the 5 turn right onto Court Road from Stratford Road, before turning left onto Showell Green Lane. From Showell Green Lane towards city it is left-turn only onto Stratford Road.

Also, while I can see some variation registered for the 5 from 29th August, there is no variation for the 6, so I would guess that these proposed Stratford Road changes aren't actually going to happen.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

cardew

As someone with very elderly relatives with limited mobility who rely on the 36 using Formans Road I shall watch developments with interest

metrocity

Quote from: cardew on July 23, 2021, 07:16:31 PM
As someone with very elderly relatives with limited mobility who rely on the 36 using Formans Road I shall watch developments with interest
The 41 is serving Formans Road instead

Stu

Quote from: OH25 on July 21, 2021, 05:29:28 PM
Some of what I've gathered looking myself:

46 - QE Hospital to Northfield via Kings Norton and Hawkesley (replacing part of the 48)
48 - West Bromwich to Weoley Castle (revised route between QE and Northfield - not clear about the 48)

If the 46 is going to replace the current 48 route from QE to Northfield, I'm going to speculate that the 48 will operate somewhat 'more direct', perhaps it will join the 18 route from Cotteridge to get to Northfield?

I also think that maybe the changes to the 27 will be involved somehow.

Ultimately I guess we're all going to have to wait and see what the official announcement reveals.

After all, we're just over 5 weeks away now, and I hope that official details are not left until too late.

I reiterate a point I made earlier in this thread, if there really are going to be a large number of wholesale changes being made across the region, I am really disappointed that there has been no public consultation on this at all.
My locals:

Steveminor

Quote from: metrocity on July 23, 2021, 07:31:08 PM
I believe the 41 & 36 will mirror each other from acocks green to reddings lane giving that section an enhanced service between both operators. The 41 will then serve foremans rd &Stratford rd whilst the 36 will serve battery way & golden hillock rd. Through these changes both Nx & Claribels will be providing enhanced connectivity  to the area with the 36 adding the multi modal aspect with its connection to west Midlands trains at small heath station.

Stu

Quote from: cardew on July 23, 2021, 07:16:31 PM

Like I said, I don't know what passenger loadings are like along that part of the route, but I am always interested in hearing opinions of people who do use these services, and do keep a watch out.

Quote from: metrocity on July 23, 2021, 07:31:08 PM

I will hazard a guess then that this new 41 route from Acocks Green will follow the current 36 route along Spring Road, Olton Boulevard West and then onto Formans Road, before turning left onto Stratford Road, and then right onto Springfield Road, before turning onto College Road to rejoin the current 1 / 1A route, with the reverse of this for journeys to Acocks Green.

If this is the case, then I welcome this move to incorporate a part of a subsided route into a commercial service, and I hope it works out.
My locals:

cardew

good to hear, thanks for the replies

SO6597

Quote from: Stu on July 23, 2021, 07:35:13 PM
If the 46 is going to replace the current 48 route from QE to Northfield, I'm going to speculate that the 48 will operate somewhat 'more direct', perhaps it will join the 18 route from Cotteridge to get to Northfield?

I also think that maybe the changes to the 27 will be involved somehow.

Ultimately I guess we're all going to have to wait and see what the official announcement reveals.

After all, we're just over 5 weeks away now, and I hope that official details are not left until too late.

I reiterate a point I made earlier in this thread, if there really are going to be a large number of wholesale changes being made across the region, I am really disappointed that there has been no public consultation on this at all.

The 48 could run a similar route to the old 2009/2010 number 20 - QE to Weoley Castle via Gibbins Rd and then onto Northfield via Swarthmore Rd as it does currently. I'm sure the 48 has run along a similar course before in its many guises.
Doubt it will run to Cotteridge and then duplicate the 18 as that is a frequent service anyway.

Could the new 20/46 and 27 be in line for interworking to some degree. Interesting times!

Stu

Quote from: SO6597 on July 23, 2021, 07:51:32 PM
The 48 could run a similar route to the old 2009/2010 number 20 - QE to Weoley Castle via Gibbins Rd and then onto Northfield via Swarthmore Rd as it does currently. I'm sure the 48 has run along a similar course before in its many guises.
Doubt it will run to Cotteridge and then duplicate the 18 as that is a frequent service anyway.

Could the new 20/46 and 27 be in line for interworking to some degree. Interesting times!

To be honest I don't know, and I can't quite figure it out either, but the 48 is still down as going to Weoley Castle 'via Northfield'. The other possibility is that it will take the current 27 route from Linden Road, but then how would the 27 be rerouted as a result?

I think it will all (hopefully!) make sense once these changes are actually announced.
My locals:

JoNi

Is it true the X1 is being broken in two being a precursor to Sprint at the Birmingham end?
Or will it be like the 700 between Brighton and Portsmouth where the route is still marketed as through route with through fares to improve reliability in the short term.
Could the 28th August be the end of the 159 or the 900 as it is still called by some after all there is company preserved Timesaver that could run on the last day!

BBS

Quote from: Steveminor on July 23, 2021, 05:46:13 PM
Changes now registered for 29th August.
Service 36 no longer serving Foremans rd & Stratford rd now serving battery way & extended to small heath station via golden hillock rd.

Service 604.
Warren farm is withdrawn with buses starting from Kingstanding circke.
Halton rd & braemar rd are removed with buses now serving Melrose Avenue and Monmouth drive.
Buses extended from mere green to Hillhook Bishops way via the lichfield rd.

Some exciting new links for these longstanding services
Rip going on the 36 to strafford road then
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

ellspurs

Quote from: JoNi on July 24, 2021, 09:50:14 AM
Is it true the X1 is being broken in two being a precursor to Sprint at the Birmingham end?
Or will it be like the 700 between Brighton and Portsmouth where the route is still marketed as through route with through fares to improve reliability in the short term.
Could the 28th August be the end of the 159 or the 900 as it is still called by some after all there is company preserved Timesaver that could run on the last day!

I'm unsure, it is listed as a variation atm on the government site. The data is updated on bustimes weekly, so when that updates we may be able to see if there are any additional notes on file.

Comedy option: one of the Chelmsley Wood services is extended through to Coventry to continue a tenuous link.

Kevin

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 23, 2021, 06:24:54 PM

Tbh a short extension then to the 36 from Small Heath back up to Heartlands could enable an end to the ludicrous 45 minute frequency and maybe even take over that stretch of the 28A route. But that's just unnecessary armchair route panning etc on my part etc...

Although on the frequency point, if the new 41 was to work with the 36 on the common section would that indicate another service with a 45 minute frequency?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk