News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

I wonder what's replacing the 81 and Pn5. Surprised they don't extend the WN4 down to Dudley

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BH2004

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 21, 2021, 07:37:37 PM
I wonder what's replacing the 81 and Pn5. Surprised they don't extend the WN4 down to Dudley

I'm surprised that WN81 is being withdrawn and that PN5 has lasted so long to be honest

Pat

Quote from: Stu on July 21, 2021, 07:17:50 PM

Someone pointed out that the 31 was being cancelled, so perhaps the 4A will be extended to Shirley or maybe even Solihull?

Or it could just be a route change in Acocks Green, tied in with this new 41 service.
Possibly 4A being routed along Streetsbrook Road and Olton Road?

Westy

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 21, 2021, 07:05:53 PM

Does the chase rider 60 operate 3 mins in front of the 10a or they completely different offerings

To be honest, I haven't compared the timetables, but bear in mind what happened to the routes under Arriva, then Nx joining the fray, then Covid,  then Arriva being replaced by Chaserider, eventually becoming a 15 min service between Burntwood & Lichfield,  so I guess Nx thinks there's no need for the 10a anymore.

Presumably it will probably go back to the previous pattern of service of going to Burntwood only?

Westy

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2021, 12:58:07 PM
No, wouldn't have saved anything unfortunately, both routes are quite an efficient use of hours

Off the top of my head, last time I looked at my old timetables, I'm sure there was an old joint Walsall/Sutton operated service that did a Streetly to Sutton circular.

I think eventually these, with some other services, eventually became what we now know as the 377 / 77, with Sutton operating the route, as I recall seeing a picture of a D9 operating  the route somewhere.

I guess Walsall took over the route when Sutton shut.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Westy on July 21, 2021, 09:01:38 PM
Off the top of my head, last time I looked at my old timetables, I'm sure there was an old joint Walsall/Sutton operated service that did a Streetly to Sutton circular.

I think eventually these, with some other services, eventually became what we now know as the 377 / 77, with Sutton operating the route, as I recall seeing a picture of a D9 operating  the route somewhere.

I guess Walsall took over the route when Sutton shut.

Yes.  Walsall Corporation ran Walsall - Streetly and Midland Red ran Sutton - Streetly, until in 1959 the two operators started joint services 115 Walsall - Streetly - Sutton - New Oscott - Walsall, and 117 the other way round.  They were not that successful, and were reduced in 1961 from daily to Mon-Fri peak hours only.

They were renumbered 375 and 377 in 1971, and lasted with WMPTE in this form until 1978, when 377 Walsall - New Oscott - Sutton, daily, started (along with services 376 and 378 serving Streetly).  I am fairly sure that all three were operated by both WL and SN until SN closed.

BBS

Quote from: Stu on July 21, 2021, 07:17:50 PM

Looking at the current 1A, I don't know how this 41 can replace 'part' of the 1A, unless there is perhaps going to be a route change between the QE and Edgbaston. Unless there's going to be a slightly different route around the Acocks Green end.

Someone pointed out that the 31 was being cancelled, so perhaps the 4A will be extended to Shirley or maybe even Solihull?

Or it could just be a route change in Acocks Green, tied in with this new 41 service.
I think the 4A will follow where the 31 went
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 21, 2021, 07:37:37 PM

Why on Earth would they do that?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dom on July 22, 2021, 02:01:46 PM
Why on Earth would they do that?

Extend the WN4 to replace the 81? Erm, let me think, gives those areas the 81 serves their existing links to Wolves, plus reduces the length of unproductive time buses have in the city centre, as well as introduces new journey opportunities for cross city journeys

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

Quote from: mesub on July 22, 2021, 06:35:09 PM
Interesting, but fair enough. Their termini aren't too far from each other.

termini doesn't make any difference to combined registrations

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk