News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH2004

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 17, 2021, 07:30:57 PM
Why does it always have to be a big secret, we had all this with the 2017 South Birmingham review. It's just bus changes, it's not national security so why ?
Nothing is official and going to happen until its announced on nxbus website. I think things are kept a secret and not told till its official is because it may confuse people and information about the changes could change

ellspurs

'Tis interesting that the variation listed for the 120/12/12A states that its going to be hail and ride.

And the Walsall 10A has been removed from the 10.

metrocity

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 17, 2021, 05:41:08 PM
Speculation but why not it passes the time, I'm wondering if the 58 will rerouted to serve yorkswood / pithall rd , extended to c wood and the 55 will be made more direct in shard end.
The 58 is being rerouted in Shard End

Steve3229vp

Quote from: SN65 OMC on July 17, 2021, 07:42:22 PM
Nothing is official and going to happen until its announced on nxbus website. I think things are kept a secret and not told till its official is because it may confuse people and information about the changes could change
I'm sorry but that carries no weight whatsoever.
I'm hoping it's like the changes to the 27/49/76 last year which were announced officially at least 2-3 weeks before.

Tony

Why does it always have to be a big secret, we had all this with the 2017 South Birmingham review. It's just bus changes, it's not national security so why ?

Only reason I haven't answered is I don't know. I haven't bothered to ask. All I need to know for my job is what the PVRs at each garage will be or if any specific vehicle types are needed so I just find out route changes with everyone else most times.

Stu

I'm glad you mention this, because it was something that occurred to me that I was going to bring up.

With a number of big changes impending at the end of August 2021, it would seem to me that the age of 'consulting with the public' is now over, as I don't recall any public consultation on service changes being announced at all this year.

With previous reviews that took place in the last few years, at least we (the travelling public) had some kind of 'forewarning' and were allowed an opportunity to submit comments and thoughts on the 'proposed' changes due to take effect.

Whether people made the effort to take part and contribute during these consultations is another matter.

The resulting changes may ultimately prove to be of benefit to passengers, but it is the lack of consultation with said passengers that I do admittedly find a little disturbing.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

I image most of the changes will be commercially driven with the books messed up during Covid. The same with most businesses. I can't see how they will have robust data if people travelling habits have completely changed over the past 18 mths. Also who knows what is going to happen moving forward?

bususer28

These South Birmingham changes seem to feel a lot more like the network pre the changes whatever year they happened. An effective return of the 98, two services going to Cofton, Leach Green Lane back on the cards (I assume) and the 84 but more often and merged with the old 27.

Quote from: bususer28 on July 17, 2021, 08:21:28 PM
An effective return of the 98
Not really. Its being split into 2?
98 always went into City Centre like the X20.
And what does it mean for the frequency as well between City and QE/Uni. They could have kept it going into City Centre even at a reduced 30 min frequency surely (and increase the X21/X22's), rather than split into 2.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

The 98 used to take an hour to make the journey from Sheldon to Asda, Hay Mills via the Wrekin :(

monkeyjoe

Quote from: ellspurs on July 17, 2021, 08:25:25 PM
The 98 used to take an hour to make the journey from Sheldon to Asda, Hay Mills via the Wrekin :(

I think the south Brum 98 was before the east Brum one.

ellspurs

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 17, 2021, 08:29:11 PM
I think the south Brum 98 was before the east Brum one.

What, before 1992?

Tony

Or, if you are old like me the 98 is Birmingham to Pheasey Limited Stop

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on July 17, 2021, 08:22:33 PM
And what does it mean for the frequency as well between City and QE/Uni. They could have kept it going into City Centre even at a reduced 30 min frequency surely (and increase the X21/X22's), rather than split into 2.

It's a strange one alright. When was the last time Rednal had no direct link to the City Centre?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

metrocity

Quote from: 2206 on July 17, 2021, 08:22:33 PM
I presume the CAZ makes operators think twice now about running routes in the City Centre

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk