News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

'Lost' Drivers

Started by notepanel, July 24, 2012, 05:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Directed Diamond 16 drivers and several others on the 16 route due to its altered route in the City Centre
On 46 and driver didn't know area so had to show him around the diversion
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Lukeee

Remember being on the 107 (now 907) several years back which missed its turning from Chester Road to College Road, driver noticed but had to carry on to Boldmere Road and back down to Jockey Lane.

BU07 LGO

Surely he could have gone down through Perry Common and along the 7 route to the library?

windy miller

lukee- thats Jockey road- NOT Jockey lane - I know the island at the Jcn very well-I remember one occasion when a 38 tonne french driver, the truck that is :)- had been given directions to the A452- 'go straight across at the island- and continue to the A452' -pratt did exactly as he was told- ie straight across - youv'e never seen anything like it-  mud and bulbs everywhere- I suppose ther'e used to it after WW1 :o ::) :) 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Lukeee

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 26, 2012, 12:23:08 PM
Surely he could have gone down through Perry Common and along the 7 route to the library?

True but what if passengers wanted to get of at any of the stops he would of missed out otherwise.

Quote from: windy miller on July 26, 2012, 08:31:36 PM
lukee- thats Jockey road- NOT Jockey lane 

Thats the one, my mistake.

Tomjusttom

Today was fun on the 6. First I had to assist in the reverseing of the B7RLE I was on because of the Lichfield Road closure, then the driver had to be shown the diversion (using a NWM Walsall map) along the 22 route down Butts Road. Thank Goodness the driver remembered the Little Aston diversion!)

JackC

I had a rather interesting one on a Diamond 410 today. The driver knew the route just fine, but as we approached Wednesbury, he turns to me and asks if I know which stand the bus stops at. Took about two minutes to convince him it was definitely Stand C.

Rob H

Going back to when Lynx's were at AG I was on 1141 on 37A one Saturday Afternoon going from AG Village back to Sheldon the Driver missed the turn at Lincoln Road I told him "you should of turned there mate" so in order for him to get back to Lincoln Road he turned round in the petrol station by McDonalds (seriously) then went back up to the Island and turned round there then went down to the turn for Lincoln Road and then continued on his way, I can still picture it til this day
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

JackC

Following on from the Diamond 410 driver yesterday, I had a NXWM 410 driver asking me where it stopped at Wednesbury today aswell...

Badger

Used to be once a week when I was at Aldersley that one of the 504/5/6/7 would turn the wrong way out of Pendeford and have to go back on themselves. Recently there have been a couple of 3s which have gone straight down the Stafford Road instead of Marsh Lane - awkward on a Sunday. One doubled back, the other just carried on.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

hartshill busman 724210

Saw diamond 276 centro service lost last night.He missed a turn and subsequently missed Noton est  Stourbridge which is half the route. Passengers were down the front venting their spleen on the driver.

Ash

Quote from: hartshill busman on August 01, 2012, 09:36:44 PM
Saw diamond 276 centro service lost last night.He missed a turn and subsequently missed Noton est  Stourbridge which is half the route. Passengers were down the front venting their spleen on the driver.

I caught the 002 today and all the drivers i saw driving them were ones that used to drive the diamond services around West brom daily and the drivers on the west brom services i have never saw before, seems like the swap round has caused confusion on some routes on where there supposed to be going.

danny

ive got a few lol, back in the days of lynxs on the 120. A driver left oldbury bus station to go strait on by the maccys asif he was a 404, when my mum quite smugly told him he was going the wrong way he had to do a loo around toys r us island and back down to the station to ask a inspector the route as he was protested he was a wolvo road service.
a trident on the 49 a couple of months back, missed a turn in what i think was pool farm and had to do a 3 point turn in the road, humorious much.
a 101 which got lost on diversion, being routed off lodge road onto the bacus road, instead of turning down benson road and going round by what is now the green bus depot, it carried on down bacus road to rejoin the route asif it was heading to oxhill road, the driver then turned into soho road towards hockley garage to rejoin the route at warstone lane, having turned towards ladywood! This was at the time when the 101 had been given the green stripped branding, fun times for a young child lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

nitromatt1

Had a very fun journey on the HC2 (GreenBus) this morning. Bus driver made no less than 5 wrong turnings, starting with going back on himself down Queensway after going to Halesowen Bus Station, then going past McDonalds and down the Halesowen By-Pass which isn't even on the route at all, then halfway to Hagley, right round a roundabout, then all the way back down the route through Hasbury and Halesowen the WRONG way (people at bus stops saw their bus 20 minutes late going the wrong way and tried get it to stop). He carried on all the way back to the bus station, back up through Halesowen & Hasbury, then down the A456 to Hagley but then missed TWO turnings into Hagley (where the bus was supposed to be going), carried on down towards Kidderminster then ended up making a three-point-turn blocking the A456 to get back into Hagley. Journey that should take 20 minutes took 45-50. All this in a Metrobus! Don't think that driver will be coming back on my route any time soon.

danny

Goood excuse to be late lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk