News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

'Lost' Drivers

Started by notepanel, July 24, 2012, 05:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Woman driver on 1903 doing the 311 Im on at the moment, has taken the wrong turn out of Wednesbury, heading on the 313 instead.

Shes just diverted down Hobs Road, to get back on the Wood Green Road!

nitromatt1

Saw something slightly strange last night, an Arriva 19 (an evening journey which terminates at New Cross Hospital) took the first exit at the roundabout by Wednesfield High School rather than the second exit to go through Wednesfield and then on to New Cross. Either a wrong turning, or I suspect the driver may have had no passengers and therefore decided that he may as well head back to the garage...

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 28, 2013, 11:23:25 AM
Saw something slightly strange last night, an Arriva 19 (an evening journey which terminates at New Cross Hospital) took the first exit at the roundabout by Wednesfield High School rather than the second exit to go through Wednesfield and then on to New Cross. Either a wrong turning, or I suspect the driver may have had no passengers and therefore decided that he may as well head back to the garage...

you mean i suspect that happend ! It wasn't an evening journey as evening journeys don't operate but it was probably the last daytime journey

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 28, 2013, 04:51:18 PM

you mean i suspect that happend ! It wasn't an evening journey as evening journeys don't operate but it was probably the last daytime journey

No I did think that he might have been heading back to the garage as I have known roughly where the Wednesfield garage is for a while...

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 28, 2013, 04:51:18 PM

And evening journeys do operate as I saw it at almost 7pm which is in the evening

Trident 4609

Sorry Matt i misunderstood. I usually refer evening service as up to late night

Stu

Whilst travelling home this evening on the 37, I saw a 5 turning left from Highgate Road onto the Stratford Road in Sparkbrook.

I thought for a moment he might have got a little lost, but then I saw this:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-alerts/stratford-road-services-on-diversion-due-to-congestion/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 28, 2013, 05:17:52 PM
Sorry Matt i misunderstood. I usually refer evening service as up to late night

That's ok :) I am just pedantic

nitromatt1

Saw 4559 on the 126 going down Colmore Row this morning, about 8:20. Was not aware any 126s went down there

Rob H

Driver of 2128 on the 58 heading for Brum around 10am missed the turn into Dovehouse Lane and went straight down to the island by Olton Tavern instead he turned round at the Island and then headed back towards Land Rover to turn right into Dovehouse Lane then continued on to Birmingham
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Rob H

Driver on the 957 heading for Solihull thought he was a 900 and missed the turn at the Wheatsheaf and tried to do a sharp turn onto slip road and got stuck and had to do a lot of manoevering to get onto slip road correctly 4906 Holly May was the Bus I've recorded a vid of some of her moves when I've uploaded the vid I'll post the link
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Rob H

Quote from: Rob4367 on October 31, 2013, 01:27:30 PM
Driver on the 957 heading for Solihull thought he was a 900 and missed the turn at the Wheatsheaf and tried to do a sharp turn onto slip road and got stuck and had to do a lot of manoevering to get onto slip road correctly 4906 Holly May was the Bus I've recorded a vid of some of her moves when I've uploaded the vid I'll post the link

It'll be tonight by the time I'll upload this vid my phone is being slow ::)
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Rob H

Here is the link to 4906 :)

X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Matt.N0056

Would it not have been easier to go to the Arden Oak and do a U Turn, and come back up the Cov Rd, rather than messing about and reversing?

Rob H

Quote from: neale95 on October 31, 2013, 09:43:03 PM

Would it not have been easier to go to the Arden Oak and do a U Turn, and come back up the Cov Rd, rather than messing about and reversing?

I thought that when I was witnessing it :)
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk