News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

My 1930 Standard Teignmouth saloon has free road tax too. I don't think it has particularly clean emissions though! Cruises happily at 35mph as long as it doesn't come to a hill. Sorry - nothing whatsoever to do with hydrogen vehicles!

markcf83

One for Tony to possibly answer, if it hasn't been already. Are there any plans for further Hydrogen powered buses in either the near or long term future?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Quote from: markcf83 on November 10, 2021, 01:29:18 PM
One for Tony to possibly answer, if it hasn't been already. Are there any plans for further Hydrogen powered buses in either the near or long term future?
The TFWM BSIP says there are plans for 100 additional hydrogen double decker buses in 2023 on page 43.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

markcf83

Quote from: 2206 on November 10, 2021, 01:36:52 PM
The TFWM BSIP says there are plans for 100 additional hydrogen double decker buses in 2023 on page 43.

I haven't seen that,but I will do shortly. Thanks.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

ellspurs

That was a very interesting read...

WHY AREN'T ANY OF THE BUS PASSENGERS WEARING MASKS? :( It is a very strange thing to see that the only person pictured in a mask in the whole document is Boris Johnson (I know bus drivers/Andy Street etc. weren't in a place where they need to wear one but given they're talking about recovery it'd be nice to have set an example).

*ahem*

- The possibility that there will be additional electric vehicles going to Wolverhampton as they're building a pantograph in the bus station, 2022.
- "First fully zero emission local bus fleetoperator on West Midlands services (Stagecoach)" 2025.
- Multi-operator fares to not be at a premium.

It may be worth having a separate topic for discussion of that document alone.

Quote from: ellspurs on November 10, 2021, 10:14:04 PM
That was a very interesting read...

WHY AREN'T ANY OF THE BUS PASSENGERS WEARING MASKS? :( It is a very strange thing to see that the only person pictured in a mask in the whole document is Boris Johnson (I know bus drivers/Andy Street etc. weren't in a place where they need to wear one but given they're talking about recovery it'd be nice to have set an example).
They're just pictures.
Also pictures that could even have been taken a few years ago. So to be fair i'm not sure it matters.
They are the same "promotional" ones NX use on the facebook page.

Quote from: ellspurs on November 10, 2021, 10:14:04 PM
- The possibility that there will be additional electric vehicles going to Wolverhampton as they're building a pantograph in the bus station, 2022.
- "First fully zero emission local bus fleetoperator on West Midlands services (Stagecoach)" 2025.
- Multi-operator fares to not be at a premium.

It may be worth having a separate topic for discussion of that document alone.
It also mentions about completing West Midlands Bus brand roll out. Increased bus priority, 106km of new bus lanes. Including for the Outer Circle in 2025. Plus "A core network of 110 services. enhanced frequencies and minimum service levels."
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

https://api.warwickshire.gov.uk/documents/WCCC-222510381-265

And this is Warwickshire council's version of it for Warwickshire.

@Stu, could this be forked out into a different topic so we don't bog down all the hydrogen bus talk?

Thanks.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on November 11, 2021, 04:33:43 PM
@Stu, could this be forked out into a different topic so we don't bog down all the hydrogen bus talk?

Thanks.

Please feel free to start a new topic for this.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

When talking about BSIPS  it is important to note a few key points.
There is only 1.2 billion in the pot which is split into 2 key elements  capital £600 million which is for infrastructure bus lanes etc & revenue (fares/ticketing etc.
Areas which recieved City regional transport settlement funding of which the west Midlands is one, will NOT recieve any of the Capital element.
Only 20 of the LTAs will recieve a share of the revenue element.
So there is likely going to be a huge funding deficit come April 2022

Are the 48XX's planned to stay at WA and see use on other routes or move elsewhere? Particularly when all 20 are fully in use eventually.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on December 01, 2021, 07:32:32 PM
Are the 48XX's planned to stay at WA and see use on other routes or move elsewhere? Particularly when all 20 are fully in use eventually.

As per my regularly answer to questions like this I don't post future transfers

Trident 4194

What's the range on these vehicles? How long can they do in service?

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 01, 2021, 10:37:35 PM
What's the range on these vehicles? How long can they do in service?

According to the WrightBus website, they can do between 250 and 280 miles on a full tank.
My locals:

Stu

In case anyone was wondering, some posts have been removed from this thread following an 'external request'.

Tony would appreciate it if people didn't ask about, or make any comments on what you may have seen that has subsequently been removed.
My locals:

karl724223

For the armchair bustimesveg H1002 is now tracking

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk