News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus fares being reduced from June 21st?

Started by Stu, April 29, 2021, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on May 01, 2021, 07:13:43 PM
Lazy copy-and-paste journalism? Without looking into and investigating further.

OK, I admit I do a lot of 'copy-and-paste' myself on my own site, but I don't get paid for producing such articles, and at least I try and verify and clarify what I publish.  ;)

My criticism of quality of local news media still stands.  ;D

To be honest, I would find it odd if something didn't happen with fares in Coventry though.
it must be right as the WM (night) mayor [nightmare] is quoted in the paper.

Another point is the mayor is up for relection so is he allowed to be in the news like this? I thought ir was banned in the run up?

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 02, 2021, 06:33:32 AM
it must be right as the WM (night) mayor [nightmare] is quoted in the paper.

Another point is the mayor is up for relection so is he allowed to be in the news like this? I thought ir was banned in the run up?

It is correct. It is the fact it is a Coventry paper, but hasn't checked out what is happening in Coventry is the criticism

ellspurs

The layout for the Coventry article looks very similar to the Express and Star one (not just the content, the site in general).

It's probably been as Stu says, copied and pasted (and adapted) from one to the other.

On the Birmingham Mail site, anything which is shown to have been authored by James Rodgers is pretty much a copy/paste/add spelling errors in from another Mirror group article.

The justification is quite right for not even mentioning NXC, unless they know something we all seem to not know about NXC being re-merged back into NXWM (I know this ain't happening).

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on May 02, 2021, 08:27:39 AM
The layout for the Coventry article looks very similar to the Express and Star one (not just the content, the site in general).

It's probably been as Stu says, copied and pasted (and adapted) from one to the other.

On the Birmingham Mail site, anything which is shown to have been authored by James Rodgers is pretty much a copy/paste/add spelling errors in from another Mirror group article.

The justification is quite right for not even mentioning NXC, unless they know something we all seem to not know about NXC being re-merged back into NXWM (I know this ain't happening).

On that subject, do buses tend to move fairly frequently between Coventry & the main West Midlands operation, bearing in mind until Travel Coventry came along, those buses hadn't been branded separately since 1974!

Could management have got away with same main Pte style livery but a Coventry relevant fleetname, similar to the 'garage branding ' of the 90s?

wulfrun

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2021, 06:37:24 PM
Scrapping the £4.60 peak daysaver and making daysavers £4 all day long (plus, the low-fares zones will stay at £3)
Making the under-18 daysaver just £2 (down from £2.50 today)
Making the weekly travelcard £15 (down from £17.50) - and flowing these reductions through to 4-weekly and direct debits too

Tony, are all NXWM subscription fares to be reduced too?

What about the following Black Country Travelcards?
1,4 week, month: Online Subscriptions
1,4,13,52 week: Swift, mobile, travelshop
Are these all reducing in price too?

With abolition of Peak fares, does this mean the poorly named "Local Area" LFZ will become £3 all day ticket?
"Forward in Unity"

BK63 YWP

Is the fare cuts still happening tomorrow or has it been delayed til 19th July?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 20, 2021, 05:57:06 PM
Is the fare cuts still happening tomorrow or has it been delayed til 19th July?

Delayed

ellspurs

BK63 YWP

When will wolvo get it's own local daysaver?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Gareth

Great news for bus users.

I use an nNetwork ticket and doesn't look like that is going down. However even if it was my direct debit comes out later this week anyway so I'd probably miss out on a month! Oh well, I still get fantastic value anyway with it.

ellspurs

Quote from: BK63 YWP on July 15, 2021, 05:08:17 PM
When will wolvo get it's own local daysaver?

When Solihull gets theirs. IE probably never given the price reductions.

Love that I can go from my house to West Bromwich via Sutton for £3 but it's £4 to the centre of Birmingham. Alas I'm sure NX have done the research to see what would be effective and what wouldn't be.

Westy

Sister has received a letter from Nx regarding the year Black Country pass, that she used to get via work, but now she has to get direct from Nx themselves.

She will have to either download an app or go to a Swift machine to activate the change.

Gareth

Quote from: Westy on July 15, 2021, 06:19:20 PM
Sister has received a letter from Nx regarding the year Black Country pass, that she used to get via work, but now she has to get direct from Nx themselves.

She will have to either download an app or go to a Swift machine to activate the change.

Downloading the app takes seconds. Far easier than finding a swift machine.

Jack

Quote from: Gareth on July 15, 2021, 06:39:34 PM
Definitely so seeing as some machines at stops are being removed... one in West Heath is on the 45... sure theres a few more to go.

Westy

Quote from: Gareth on July 15, 2021, 06:39:34 PM

You don't know my sister!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk