News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: solonightrider on September 11, 2024, 09:54:03 PMah ok lol bit of a issue then  :cry:  guess not viable to sort it out then. They do need to invest in some more upto dateish full size capacity heavyweight buses though for the interurban 74/828 work ,  the old end of life solos and lightweight suff aint up to it. I travelled on that radio ad streetlite last week [63 plate one] and it struggged to get going and if it did 10mph up hill that was it could of done with a 6 pot in them from new give it a bit more umph lol. The 16 plate mcv volvo seemed a nice bit of kit mind that took me on the outward journey on the 828 deffo a tool for the job! Them 16 plate MCV would look nice in the new red/yellow/blue livery too :-)
Buses are due to be delivered in December for the 74 & 828

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 11, 2024, 10:07:43 PMBuses are due to be delivered in December for the 74 & 828
Electric ones arent they?

Quote from: Bob on September 12, 2024, 08:23:43 PMElectric ones arent they?
Nope they're getting I think 9 evoras

solonightrider

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 12, 2024, 08:59:43 PMNope they're getting I think 9 evoras
oh that would be a massive improvement for sure if it comes off then. Had the odd journey on the 73 plate evoras and they very are nice vehicles

Bob

Quote from: solonightrider on September 12, 2024, 09:44:17 PMoh that would be a massive improvement for sure if it comes off then. Had the odd journey on the 73 plate evoras and they very are nice vehicles
They are. Only poor point qbout them i think is the floor covering, it looks really hard to keep clean

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on September 12, 2024, 08:59:43 PMNope they're getting I think 9 evoras
Was the plan originally funding to upgrade the 74 and 875 to electric buses?

Quote from: Bob on September 12, 2024, 10:52:40 PMWas the plan originally funding to upgrade the 74 and 875 to electric buses?
The agreement was in the funding that it would either have to be electric or the newest deisel buses

Capitalpotter

Quote from: Bob on September 12, 2024, 10:52:40 PMWas the plan originally funding to upgrade the 74 and 875 to electric buses?
I'm led to believe they're getting 2 electric buses for the 74 and the rest will be Evoras. Also the 74 will run alone and not be with 828

solonightrider

Quote from: Capitalpotter on September 13, 2024, 07:53:54 AMI'm led to believe they're getting 2 electric buses for the 74 and the rest will be Evoras. Also the 74 will run alone and not be with 828
828 possible link back to the 60 then to get the drivers back to cannock for rest swaps etc like in arriva days.

RobertJ21a

Quote from: Capitalpotter on September 13, 2024, 07:53:54 AMI'm led to believe they're getting 2 electric buses for the 74 and the rest will be Evoras. Also the 74 will run alone and not be with 828
Have they now put the electrical infrastructure in the depot ??. It often has a long lead time.

TheSecretOne

Quote from: RobertJ21a on September 14, 2024, 06:27:11 AMHave they now put the electrical infrastructure in the depot ??. It often has a long lead time.
Not as of yet and probably not in the current depo as it's not owned by them word is they are looking at buying land ( or have on the a5) to build new so will probably be implementing it there. 

Bob

Quote from: TheSecretOne on September 16, 2024, 06:44:01 PMNot as of yet and probably not in the current depo as it's not owned by them word is they are looking at buying land ( or have on the a5) to build new so will probably be implementing it there.
Doubt theyd have it ready for December though

TheSecretOne

Quote from: Bob on September 16, 2024, 08:36:07 PMDoubt theyd have it ready for December though
Nah this is is for late next year 2026 these new ones due in December aren't electric as far as I'm aware and no Charging points have been installed on site new evoras same as 640  iv been told

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk