News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on November 08, 2021, 07:03:29 PM
Theyve wrecked the 71 its an unreliable mess now
I haven't been on the 70 for a few months now so I can't comment on the reliablility aspect of things. Back in July, I was waiting for the first Cannock bound 70 and it popped up on the tracker as bus 176 about 20 mins before it was due in Featherstone sitting at Delta Way (the first trip starts at Featherstone). It then disapeared! Then about 10 mins after it should have came number 1 popped up on the tracker at Delta Way. In the end, the bus was 20 mins late picking me up! Driver was only about 5 - 10 mins late getting into Cannock so it wasn't that bad in the end. These things happen at every bus company though so it would be unfair to say it's just a D&G thing...

Bob

True. Select did run the 71 much better though

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 08, 2021, 06:09:19 PM
maybe a couple of later trips!
Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 08, 2021, 07:11:39 PM
I haven't been on the 70 for a few months now
So to clarify would you actually use these later trips you are asking for. If people don't use the service, then they are obviously going to be cut back etc. They're not going to run them for the sake of it, i'm sure.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: 2206 on November 08, 2021, 09:40:02 PM
So to clarify would you actually use these later trips you are asking for. If people don't use the service, then they are obviously going to be cut back etc. They're not going to run them for the sake of it, i'm sure.
I would indeed! That's the only reason why I haven't used the 70 for the past few months.

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 09, 2021, 06:46:03 AM
I would indeed! That's the only reason why I haven't used the 70 for the past few months.

I'd imagine it more likely there would be cuts than later trips. They had to be funded before so i cant imagine them being run commercially 🤣

Westy

I was the only one on the first 1 south again this morning!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on November 09, 2021, 07:01:35 AM
I was the only one on the first 1 south again this morning!

Wonder if theyre even covering the diesel? Lol

Mayfield

If it the same management now that we're with Arriva.

Steveminor

Under CBSSG all costs were underwritten by the government.
BRG requires a certain percentage to be made up through commercial revenue.

Bob

Jokers.....the 71 pulls in, it should leave cannock 17.50....changes to "not in service"  parks up the other side of the bus stn with engine running while the pye green driver pops over for a natter! Last bus of the day too!

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on November 09, 2021, 05:54:02 PM
Jokers.....the 71 pulls in, it should leave cannock 17.50....changes to "not in service"  parks up the other side of the bus stn with engine running while the pye green driver pops over for a natter! Last bus of the day too!
Bus 24 by any chance? E200

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 09, 2021, 06:46:26 PM
Bus 24 by any chance? E200

Yea it skipped Huntington and eventually came round to the 71 stand several mins late

Westy

Quote from: Bob on November 09, 2021, 07:02:48 AM
Wonder if theyre even covering the diesel? Lol

2 today, including me!

Westy

Quote from: Westy on November 10, 2021, 10:09:43 AM
2 today, including me!

Today, one already on bus, then me, then someone got on at Hospital Street, beating the 70/70a by a few minutes!

Bob

Meanwhile the first X51 would have 4 times as many as that when it hit Walsall lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk