News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage to be sold to D&G

Started by Steve3229vp, November 26, 2020, 06:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Surprising news that Arriva to sell Cannock garage to D & G
https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/arriva-selling-cannock-depot-to-dg-bus/?fbclid=IwAR1f7hGqwYMg8x01IedoEskKdnuSEhfq2B_E6CoYLoXaWg8MIS4NRtOOZh8
I wonder how long it will take for the "why didn't NX buy it" comments to start ?

DJ

Quote from: Steve3229vp on November 26, 2020, 06:22:35 PM
https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/arriva-selling-cannock-depot-to-dg-bus/?fbclid=IwAR1f7hGqwYMg8x01IedoEskKdnuSEhfq2B_E6CoYLoXaWg8MIS4NRtOOZh8
I wonder how long it will take for the "why didn't NX buy it" comments to start ?

Not surprising at all, the rumour has been around for ages, and it's been discussed a fair bit on the Cannock Garage thread.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stu

I'm pretty sure if NX Bus thought it was a good investment then they would have put in an offer.

Good luck to D&G, seems a bit of a brave move, considering some of the flak that Arriva Cannock have received from some members here!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Are D & G known in Cannock already or not?

PointerDart

Quote from: Westy on November 26, 2020, 06:58:13 PM
Are D & G known in Cannock already or not?

No service in Cannock currently - closest they operate I would believe is Stafford alongside Select.

Busboy105

Good deal by D&G. Gonna be hard in the first couple of weeks because of the poor state that Arriva have let their buses go but it will hopefully pay dividends.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 26, 2020, 07:30:27 PM
Good deal by D&G. Gonna be hard in the first couple of weeks because of the poor state that Arriva have let their buses go but it will hopefully pay dividends.

First couple of weeks?

PointerDart

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 26, 2020, 07:30:27 PM

My worry is that D&G will suffer the same fate as GHA in 2015 - expanding too quickly and then a complete implosion so quickly. That being said, with D&G being under Centrebus now, perhaps this could help prevent this from happening?

Solo1

Didn't  D&G used to run a service in cannock under  midland brand years ago

markcf83

I wonder how many of the existing fleet at Cannock will be retained by D and G......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

DJ

Quote from: Solo1 on November 26, 2020, 07:44:21 PM

Looking through Flickr, they had a 23 to Hednesford, and a 62A.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Busboy105

Quote from: PointerDart on November 26, 2020, 07:40:33 PM
My worry is that D&G will suffer the same fate as GHA in 2015 - expanding too quickly and then a complete implosion so quickly. That being said, with D&G being under Centrebus now, perhaps this could help prevent this from happening?
I guess we'll wait and see.
@Tony you think they'll struggle from the off?

Tony

Quote from: PointerDart on November 26, 2020, 07:40:33 PM

D&G are hardly expanding rapidly. Julian Peddle does not make any bad decisions

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Solo1 on November 26, 2020, 07:44:21 PM
They did the 810, 23, 23A, 62, 62A and the 74 in the evenings. I think that's it. Actually, I think they did the 351 a few years ago!

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 26, 2020, 10:44:19 PM
They did the 810, 23, 23A, 62, 62A and the 74 in the evenings. I think that's it. Actually, I think they did the 351 a few years ago!

When TWM, as was, cut the daytime service from half hourly to hourly, Midland took over the dropped journeys.

At the time of the North Walsall review in 2010, they also ran the short lived partial replacement between Walsall & Turnberry, the 5, which became the current Arriva 2 arrangement a few months later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk