News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bromford Road railway bridge

Started by Tony, November 25, 2020, 06:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

It looks like Sandwell council are banning double decks off the 4.

This will also affect Wolverhampton line rail replacement and possibly some school runs

Will it also affect buses on 12/13 & 82/87 running dead to/from Oldbury from West Brom garage

Tony

Quote from: 4679 on November 25, 2020, 06:11:49 PM
Will it also affect buses on 12/13 & 82/87 running dead to/from Oldbury from West Brom garage

This is a reply I have just had on their facebook page

It won't Tony. This isn't an issue for buses as they are much shorter in length. Bus companies have been consulted and are not affected by the change.

So basically bus drivers can ignore road signs according to Sandwell Council

Tony

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on November 25, 2020, 06:40:28 PM
Buses are actually excluded from the TRO, but Sandwell have not yet worked out how to sign that!

They could just stick one of those "except buses" signs underneath it, although I've never seen one of those used in that context.

They're dropping the limit nearly 16". I know I've been under that bridge in my work truck, but now it will fall afoul of the new limit.

Jack

Quote from: ellspurs on November 25, 2020, 06:47:32 PM
They could just stick one of those "except buses" signs underneath it, although I've never seen one of those used in that context.

They're dropping the limit nearly 16". I know I've been under that bridge in my work truck, but now it will fall afoul of the new limit.
Most still probably won't take notice and still decide to go under it. The signs there are big enough there to be read and seen, and they decide to wedge themselves there. They could of put signs at the junction with the lights with a no entry saying no HGV's above the height, probably take no notice of that either though so the council can't win...

Oh and its a nice touch that the Mail have said that 'Bromford Road, Dudley' is the second worst hit bridge for strikes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk