News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Jennens Road Cycle Lane

Started by The Fox 4846, November 24, 2020, 10:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fox 4846

Due to the cycle Lane there has been an increase in congestion. Is there anyway in which National Express or TfWM can get involved an push for the cycle Lane which is never used to be removed in order to reinstate the bus Lane?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Jack

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on November 24, 2020, 10:06:39 AM
Due to the cycle Lane there has been an increase in congestion. Is there anyway in which National Express or TfWM can get involved an push for the cycle Lane which is never used to be removed in order to reinstate the bus Lane?
It's along Nechells Parkway as well. I don't understand why they couldn't of put in the centre of the carriage way like the one on Bristol Road. They've done the same to Brassington Avenue in Sutton removed one lane so its now a single lane for traffic and this means slow moving traffic in peak hours.

Right waste of time and money.

John

Quote from: Jack on November 24, 2020, 10:32:26 AM
It's along Nechells Parkway as well. I don't understand why they couldn't of put in the centre of the carriage way like the one on Bristol Road. They've done the same to Brassington Avenue in Sutton removed one lane so its now a single lane for traffic and this means slow moving traffic in peak hours.

Right waste of time and money.

The one in Sutton has been removed

Tony

The Jennens Road one won't cause any grief once the Moor Street bus gate is in operation

bususer28

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2020, 03:23:26 PM
The Jennens Road one won't cause any grief once the Moor Street bus gate is in operation
When is it due to be introduced?

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on November 24, 2020, 06:12:43 PM
When is it due to be introduced?

Already in place, due to start being enforced early next month

Steveminor

You might want to consult with David Bradford on that point his view is the same as mine.

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on November 25, 2020, 01:24:09 PM

You might want to consult with David Bradford on that point his view is the same as mine.

I don't need to consult, I  am expressing my personal view

Steve3229vp

Does this mean traffic (private cars) will be banned from Moor Street ?

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on November 25, 2020, 04:56:18 PM
Does this mean traffic (private cars) will be banned from Moor Street ?

Yes, all through traffic will be prohibited on Moor Street.

Loading in Carrs Lane & Albert Street will be the only traffic allowed.

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on November 25, 2020, 05:29:55 PM
Yes, all through traffic will be prohibited on Moor Street.

Loading in Carrs Lane & Albert Street will be the only traffic allowed.

Albert Street is for access to the car park, right?

I weren't too sure if the bus gate was already in operation when I was trying to get through to the Bull Ring loading area a few weeks ago, so I just came back out to the ring road and went round that way.

Tony

The bus gates go live on Monday, prohibiting all through traffic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on November 27, 2020, 01:41:48 PM
The bus gates go live on Monday, prohibiting all through traffic
I haven't been in town for a few weeks due to isolating so are these bus gates traffic light operated and will the traffic that would normally pass through Moor Street Queensway be re-routed before each end of the road ?

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on November 27, 2020, 02:46:51 PM
I haven't been in town for a few weeks due to isolating so are these bus gates traffic light operated and will the traffic that would normally pass through Moor Street Queensway be re-routed before each end of the road ?

No traffic lights,  cannot see any point in them, but at the gate there's U turns available for any traffic that does accidentally stray up to them

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on November 27, 2020, 03:41:20 PM
No traffic lights,  cannot see any point in them, but at the gate there's U turns available for any traffic that does accidentally stray up to them
Thanks Tony, I'm back at work Wednesday (travelling through the City) and I'm interested to see how it goes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk