News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Social distancing on buses, post Lockdown.

Started by ellspurs, May 27, 2020, 03:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on May 28, 2020, 06:17:17 PM
I'm sure when we get to that stage the appropriate language will be used.
Mae'r Gymraeg yn iaith ddefnyddiol i weithwyr First Group, a ydych chi wedi meddwl rhoi cynnig ar @Steveminor ?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 28, 2020, 08:52:32 PM
Mae'r Gymraeg yn iaith ddefnyddiol i weithwyr First Group, a ydych chi wedi meddwl rhoi cynnig ar @Steveminor ?
You soon learn Welsh when you worked for First & had to deal with militant  employees at Brewers otherwise you wouldn't know what they were saying behind your back at SWT!!!!!!!

markcf83

Given the shops which are currently closed can reopen from the 15th of June I'd expect most operators who haven't as yet announced an increase in service provision to announce as such. This will include all operators of buses and trains in Wales......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: markcf83 on May 28, 2020, 11:20:26 PM
Given the shops which are currently closed can reopen from the 15th of June I'd expect most operators who haven't as yet announced an increase in service provision to announce as such. This will include all operators of buses and trains in Wales......
No doubt within The West Midlands County the relevant operators will change thier minds on the service provision from 1st June yet again after previously changing numerous times beforehand completely confusing passengers now the DfT have published full guidance on the revised CBSSG whilst service provision in Wales is a matter for Cludiant i Gymru.

ellspurs

Are the operators of school routes given an expectation of how many children are expected to catch their services? With some of the guidance in place, would they have the capacity to offer enough buses to cater for them?

I know the expectations for next week should be lower given only certain age groups are starting to go back, but if they're planning for when all the children are back at school, would they be able to cope?

Tony

ellspurs

No problem. Do you get an idea of expected loadings for school services or is it just based off of running the service for a few weeks to see what the loadings are like?

Pre-lockdown, I saw a service 891 at Chelmsley Wood Pine Square, it had a Platinum double decker and a single decker following it (presumably heading towards Yew Tree from Coleshill School given it was the afternoon).

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on May 29, 2020, 03:32:48 PM
No problem. Do you get an idea of expected loadings for school services or is it just based off of running the service for a few weeks to see what the loadings are like?

Pre-lockdown, I saw a service 891 at Chelmsley Wood Pine Square, it had a Platinum double decker and a single decker following it (presumably heading towards Yew Tree from Coleshill School given it was the afternoon).

I don't know many 5 and 6 year olds who catch the bus to school

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2020, 03:36:31 PM

Alright. Sorry for the question.

Pat

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2020, 03:36:31 PM
No, but there are plenty of Year 10 & 12 students who do and will be returning on the 15th of June.

Tony

Quote from: Pat on May 29, 2020, 05:53:30 PM
No, but there are plenty of Year 10 & 12 students who do and will be returning on the 15th of June.

They are not asking them to go back full time, just have some face to face meetings with their teachers

Pat

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2020, 05:56:11 PM
They are not asking them to go back full time, just have some face to face meetings with their teachers
They aren't going back full time, but they are doing near enough a full school day once a week or so.  I'd imagine there will be a fair few pupils who rely on school services, wether or not Covid is about.

Steveminor

You're talking about maybe 15-20% max students with buses at 25% capacity that's more than enough space at present & that's if they all go in on.the same day

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on May 29, 2020, 06:03:48 PM
You're talking about maybe 15-20% max students with buses at 25% capacity that's more than enough space at present & that's if they all go in on.the same day

Much less than that. Only 2 out of 7 years, and only 1 out of 5 days each.

That comes out at about 3% of senior school journies

Pat

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2020, 06:08:25 PM
Much less than that. Only 2 out of 7 years, and only 1 out of 5 days each.

That comes out at about 3% of senior school journies
So will school buses still be running then?  NX would still be contracted to run the service, as the school is open and there would be a requirement for it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk