News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Timetable increases commencing 31st May 2020

Started by Steve3229vp, May 24, 2020, 12:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 28, 2020, 11:13:45 AM
Have you not heard of threat of Covid-19 to those such as myself who no longer have an immune system,some of us would like to be able like yourself to ride about on buses totally unnecessary going to the bank and shopping but have to be completely socially isolated one would have to fully agree with @Tony previous comments about you.
I didn't say you had to wait outside (and I meant on your own outside), I meant if the times of the buses gave you no other option.
Similarly in that situation, i'd think you'd only get on the bus (which will have other people on it) unless you had no other option - don't drive, nobody else who can take you to your appointment, etc, as its probably an even higher risk, i'd have thought?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: 2206 on May 28, 2020, 11:19:48 AM
I didn't say you had to wait outside (and I meant on your own outside), I meant if the times of the buses gave you no other option.
Firstly due to to the increased risk of me carrying the Covid-19 I would not ask friends or family to place themselves in risk by asking them to take me for my appointments during the global pandemic perhaps you would not act so responsible and as for driving try having cancer and then see if you are fit to drive. As for using the bus if the timetables had been published in a responsible manner by operators in the West Midlands County from 31st May 2020 in the first place we wouldn't be having this pointless conversation which underlines your total ignorance of receiving vital hospital treatment during the Covid-19 pandemic enjoy your little rides to the bank and shopping you consider essential it's a pity some of us dont only have that to concern us with as essential travel. This brings this tiresome matter to close.

Steveminor

Operators in the West Midlands were operating & planning in good faith on the basis that information on funding would be released on or by a certain date. That did not happen therefore steps had to be taken to preserve the operations to a sustainable level until full clarification came or comes through.
Yes hindsight is a good thing to have but I dont think you can square the blame at operators feet for withdrawing timetables which they "were" in good faith intending to operate.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on May 28, 2020, 01:28:12 PM
Operators in the West Midlands were operating & planning in good faith on the basis that information on funding would be released on or by a certain date. That did not happen therefore steps had to be taken to preserve the operations to a sustainable level until full clarification came or comes through.
Yes hindsight is a good thing to have but I dont think you can square the blame at operators feet for withdrawing timetables which they "were" in good faith intending to operate.
Personally it is my belief there is no such thing as "good faith" when dealing with the DfT operators have acted in utter contempt for passengers in posting and withdrawing timetables on the basis of assuming funding from what is essentially tax payers resources to support their commercial operations in the West Midlands County and underlines the need of The Buses Act to stop operators behaving in this totally unprofessional manner again. I have checked through the information given by DfT to operators & cannot find anywhere within it financing would be released by a set time or date indeed it is also unclear if any of the operators within the West Midlands actually took part in the consultation undertaken on the proposed funding before The Secretary of State gave his press conference on the 23rd May if they had I doubt whether operators would have made total fools of themselves having to publish timetables only to withdraw them leading to them to foolishly blaming the DfT. I am not aware of First Midland Red Buses Limited having to act as such.

WyreForestShuttle

Old people over pensionable age holding concessionry passes will no longer be able to travel free within the West Midlands County before 9.30 from Monday 1st June 2020

Kevin

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 28, 2020, 10:54:04 AM
That is a flippant and undeserving and frankly idiotc reply from someone who doesn't have to arrive at The Queen Elizabeth Cancer Centre at an exact timeslot for life saving treatment at an exact time as waiting is discouraged during the serious situation the hospital is operating within do you want to wait about before and after an appointment because a bus company cant decide on its level of service when arranging your next appointment time unbelievable how posters on this site dont live in the real world we live in now unbelievable!

What sort of ludicrous argument is that? Do you blame bus operators outside of pandemic times for not running a bus at the exact time you want it? Or do you use whatever journey is timetabled?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Kevin on May 29, 2020, 07:13:53 AM
What sort of ludicrous argument is that? Do you blame bus operators outside of pandemic times for not running a bus at the exact time you want it? Or do you use whatever journey is timetabled?
Obviously the ludicrous answer to the argument you strangely describe is YES if they do not give the statutory minimum notice of 42 days to change a service which in normal times would be running to a much a higher frequency so what exactly is your point or do you have no grasp on how to run a local bus service? Perhaps this useful link will help you - https://www.gov.uk/run-local-bus-service/changing-or-cancelling-a-bus-service

Steveminor

Dft changed this to 24 hours due to the pandemic & the fluid nature of the changing crisis

Steveminor

Claribels 94 will restart to a revised timetable as from Monday 8th June

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on May 29, 2020, 12:08:06 PM
Dft changed this to 24 hours due to the pandemic & the fluid nature of the changing crisis
I am well aware of the DfT allowing 24hrs currently for services changes my original post of 42 days also carried the phrase - normal times - however I doubt even the DfT expected operators within The West Midlands County to be posting changes to their services every 24hrs on thier websites to be fair.

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 29, 2020, 05:53:37 PM
I am well aware of the DfT allowing 24hrs currently for services changes my original post of 42 days also carried the phrase - normal times - however I doubt even the DfT expected operators within The West Midlands County to be posting changes to their services every 24hrs on thier websites to be fair.

I'm sure they did, as they only change when the directors have meetings with DfT officials!

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2020, 05:56:58 PM
I'm sure they did, as they only change when the directors have meetings with DfT officials!
The last face to face formal  meeting relevant parties were invited to attend with DfT I am aware of was on the 20th March 2020 all communications have been undertaken electronically henceforth unless anyone knows otherwise & I am happy to be corrected as always.

Steveminor

I'm sure @Tony meant electronic meetings.

In this day & age Microsoft teams & zoom meetings are common practice & the new normal

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 29, 2020, 06:04:44 PM
The last face to face formal  meeting relevant parties were invited to attend with DfT I am aware of was on the 20th March 2020 all communications have been undertaken electronically henceforth unless anyone knows otherwise & I am happy to be corrected as always.

Perhaps you're not aware of every meeting then?
As Steve says, not all meetings happen in an office.

Tony

And here is a quote from our staff bulletin today

The Minister also asked Sir Peter Hendy, a former London Transport Commissioner, to review the readiness of the bus industry across England. He sampled several operators' plans including NXWM. Peter's report was glowing in its praise for our preparedness in terms of safety, customer information, vehicle maintenance and people's attitude, which is a credit to everyone's hard work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk