News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Timetable increases commencing 31st May 2020

Started by Steve3229vp, May 24, 2020, 12:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Some new timetables have appeared for date starting 31st May in the timetable section of the NXWM website when you search for a service, the 55 is most interesting because in states in red bold writing "Additional journeys may operate between Buckland End and City Centre during busy periods" I can't remember the last time I saw anything like this on a bus timetable, it was used a lot in PTE days.

monkeyjoe

Interesting similar on the 14, must be all this social distancing rules that will need to apply.

metrocity

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 24, 2020, 12:41:38 PM
Some new timetables have appeared for date starting 31st May in the timetable section of the NXWM website when you search for a service, the 55 is most interesting because in states in red bold writing "Additional journeys may operate between Buckland End and City Centre during busy periods" I can't remember the last time I saw anything like this on a bus timetable, it was used a lot in PTE days.

What are the gaps in timetable all about?

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 24, 2020, 12:41:38 PM
"Additional journeys may operate between Buckland End and City Centre during busy periods"
How will that work? Will they have a few buses parked up that can be used if needed or, will it work another way?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Timetables starting from 31st May have disappeared off the NXWM website

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 27, 2020, 12:50:40 PM
Timetables starting from 31st May have disappeared off the NXWM website

Potentially being held back until 14th June as the original date to open non essentials was 1st June now delayed until 15th
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on May 27, 2020, 01:52:13 PM
Potentially being held back until 14th June as the original date to open non essentials was 1st June now delayed until 15th
It is unlikely the revised CBSSG support grant will be in place by 1st June. Operators other than First Worcester jumped the gun with posting enhanced timetables before the DfT support was firmly in place nothing to do with non essential business reopening H M Government does not move that quickly especially over a Bank Holiday.

Kevin

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 27, 2020, 02:56:11 PM
It is unlikely the revised CBSSG support grant will be in place by 1st June. Operators other than First Worcester jumped the gun with posting enhanced timetables before the DfT support was firmly in place...

What have First Worcester got to do with NXWM timetable changes?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Kevin on May 28, 2020, 07:36:36 AM
What have First Worcester got to do with NXWM timetable changes?
Nothing directly since 1973 but I was using the similarly unlike NXWM or Diamond Bus , First have not been sending out confusing timetable enhancements to passengers about forthcoming changes from 31st May 2020 unlike operators based within the West Midlands County which is somewhat regrettable for key workers and those who need to use the excellent service operators are running when planning thier essential journeys and to be honest very unprofessional jumping the gun revising service levels upwards in regard to CBSSG funding levels before the revised scheme is in place in the current circumstances we find ourselves in.

Pat

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 28, 2020, 09:31:53 AM
First have not been sending out confusing timetable enhancements to passengers about forthcoming changes from 31st May 2020
How is publicising enhanced timetables confusing?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on May 28, 2020, 10:09:41 AM
How is publicising enhanced timetables confusing?
If your planning life saving appointments to hospital after 31st May 2020 and you have no other means of transport therefore your journey is essential and you work out our journey from timetables now withdrawn is that not very much  confusing and totally unprofessional by the operator?

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 28, 2020, 10:20:50 AM
If your planning life saving appointments to hospital after 31st May 2020 and you have no other means of transport therefore your journey is essential and you work out our journey from timetables now withdrawn is that not very much  confusing and totally unprofessional by the operator?
The services are still running, so you will still be able to get to your appointment, you might just have to wait a few extra minutes for one I think. NX are doing their best to keep the services running at present I think and lots of services are running more regularly than before.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: 2206 on May 28, 2020, 10:29:22 AM
The services are still running, so you will still be able to get to your appointment, you might just have to wait a few extra minutes for one I think.
That is a flippant and undeserving and frankly idiotc reply from someone who doesn't have to arrive at The Queen Elizabeth Cancer Centre at an exact timeslot for life saving treatment at an exact time as waiting is discouraged during the serious situation the hospital is operating within do you want to wait about before and after an appointment because a bus company cant decide on its level of service when arranging your next appointment time unbelievable how posters on this site dont live in the real world we live in now unbelievable!

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 28, 2020, 10:54:04 AM
waiting is discouraged during the serious situation the hospital
You can wait outside somewhere perhaps, somewhere quiet? As risk of transmission is lower outside I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: 2206 on May 28, 2020, 10:58:24 AM
You can wait outside somewhere surely, somewhere quiet? As risk of transmission is lower outside I think.
Have you not heard of threat of Covid-19 to those such as myself who no longer have an immune system,some of us would like to be able like yourself to ride about on buses totally unnecessary going to the bank and shopping but have to be completely socially isolated one would have to fully agree with @Tony previous comments about you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk