News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

How times have changed...

Started by Stu, April 16, 2020, 06:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

This evening while travelling home from work, I noticed that temporary traffic lights have been put up on Stratford Road in Sparkbrook, as there are some works being carried out in the road right by MSL.

Ordinarily at any other time, this would cause huge problems and delays, with all Stratford Road services suffering.

Not today though! Just a little bit of a wait in a small traffic queue until the lights changed, still arrived at the timing point by ALDI on time.

It really does demonstrate that the best way to get bus services running more reliably is to have less vehicles on the roads.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on April 16, 2020, 06:36:52 PM
This evening while travelling home from work, I noticed that temporary traffic lights have been put up on Stratford Road in Sparkbrook, as there are some works being carried out in the road right by MSL.

Ordinarily at any other time, this would cause huge problems and delays, with all Stratford Road services suffering.

Not today though! Just a little bit of a wait in a small traffic queue until the lights changed, still arived at the timing point by ALDI on time.

It really does demonstrate that the best way to get bus services running more reliably is to have less vehicles on the roads.
11C departure screen at Fox and Goose still said at about 13:30:
- 2 minutes, 7 minutes, 19 minutes earlier despite that its supposed to be every 20 minutes.
Think the one in 7 minutes was 6107 and the one in 2 minutes was an 11 Branded.
Not sure how they can be within 5 minutes of each other in that case, despite reduced levels of traffic.
The 11 Branded one in 2 minutes must have been 15 minutes late?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: 2206 on April 17, 2020, 02:30:32 PM
11C departure screen at Fox and Goose still said at about 13:30:
- 2 minutes, 7 minutes, 19 minutes earlier despite that its supposed to be every 20 minutes.
Think the one in 7 minutes was 6107 and the one in 2 minutes was an 11 Branded.
Not sure how they can be within 5 minutes of each other in that case, despite reduced levels of traffic.
The 11 Branded one in 2 minutes must have been 15 minutes late?

Whilst at work on Thursday I did see 2 running within 2 mins of each other in witton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk