News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Killer Corona Virus

Started by Sandy Lane, April 08, 2020, 01:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Gareth on June 13, 2020, 01:54:48 AM
Nowhere on Government or DfT guidelines or rules or advice does it single out First Worcester. No need to mention it.

Point scoring? Says the man who's boasting he posted it first.

The DfT have published the full guidance for face coverings to be used on First Worcester & other operators in England from Monday.

Sadly some comments in this thread are trivialising a very serious subject which is not becoming of any poster on this forum given the serious nature of the subject matter in hand namely staying safe during the Covid-19 pandemic emergency when using First Worcester & all other operators in England and reducing the potential spread of the virus when undertaking essential journeys.

From those who have more mature attitude on the serious subject matter regarding the new rules a reminder the DfT guidance is found on the following link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-on-face-coverings-coming-in-on-monday-will-help-keep-passengers-safe

ellspurs

Query regarding the face coverings:

Does the guidance also cover the drivers needing to wear them?

Over half the bus drivers I have seen today haven't been wearing face coverings. I will note here that these observations were in Lincolnshire, Norfork and Warwickshire. All the drivers I saw within the West Midlands (around Chelmsley Wood) were wearing face coverings.

This isn't me being snarky; I've read through the guidance and note that it mostly only mentions "passengers" and "travelling", not all people.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: ellspurs on June 15, 2020, 02:45:40 PM

Over half the bus drivers I have seen today haven't been wearing face coverings. I will note here that these observations were in Lincolnshire, Norfork and Warwickshire. All the drivers I saw within the West Midlands (around Chelmsley Wood) were wearing face coverings.

This isn't me being snarky; I've read through the guidance and note that it mostly only mentions "passengers" and "travelling", not all people.
NX drivers don't need to wear masks because they're are behind a plastic screen

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on June 15, 2020, 02:45:40 PM

Try wearing a face covering and glasses. Your glasses just steam up. That's why a lot cannot wear one

Steveminor

Dft guidance excludes employees of transport providers from wearing faced coverings @Tony has pointed to one reason for this.

ellspurs

Quote from: Steveminor on June 15, 2020, 04:03:50 PM
Dft guidance excludes employees of transport providers from wearing faced coverings @Tony has pointed to one reason for this.

If they're excluded then there's no problem. Just none of the things I read recently specifically mentioned the drivers.

And yes, as a glasses wearer, I do suffer that same problem :(

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: ellspurs on June 15, 2020, 04:10:51 PM
If they're excluded then there's no problem. Just none of the things I read recently specifically mentioned the drivers.

And yes, as a glasses wearer, I do suffer that same problem :(
I'm am exempt from wearing a mask & would find it extremely uncomfortable to wear one however I have a number of hoodies with a snood built in I can pull up and down to cover the mouth and the nose the downside however on top deck of a NXWM Trident I look as though I am a crack drugs dealer about to do a trade............

ellspurs

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 15, 2020, 04:28:20 PM
I'm am exempt from wearing a mask & would find it extremely uncomfortable to wear one however I have a number of hoodies with a snood built in I can pull up and down to cover the mouth and the nose the downside however on top deck of a NXWM Trident I look as though I am a crack drugs dealer about to do a trade............

It's alright, that's the in look at the moment.

And if you cast your mind back to the 90s, you'd fit right in on the back of a Lynx 71 as it weaved its way through the Castle Vale, Parkfield, Smith's Wood and Kingshurst estates... especially if you had a lighter, foil and spoon on you (oh and some crack).

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: ellspurs on June 15, 2020, 04:32:54 PM
It's alright, that's the in look at the moment.

And if you cast your mind back to the 90s, you'd fit right in on the back of a Lynx 71 as it weaved its way through the Castle Vale, Parkfield, Smith's Wood and Kingshurst estates... especially if you had a lighter, foil and spoon on you (oh and some crack).
Thanks for the tip if my cancer treatment fails I will bear it in mind for a change of career is there a demonstration video on YouTube ?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on June 15, 2020, 04:03:50 PM
Here is the link to the DfT guidance updated late last night
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#exemptions-face-coverings

WyreForestShuttle

First Minister of Scotland Wee Jimmy Krankie is allocating £46.7m to support bus operators including Travel Dundee and First, north of the border in a similar scheme to already introduced sucessfully in England in response to the Killer Corona Virus
https://www.transport.gov.scot/news/467-million-to-help-increase-bus-services/

Pat

Noticed in the past week or so that Transdev have placed 'face covering' vinyls onto the front of their buses.  A complete waste of time and money in my opinion. 

Mayfield

Leicestershire live have announced on their website that First Leicester and Arriva Leicester have announced  that drivers cannot enforce face mask LAW
How pathetic, just tell the passenger they are not getting on the bus, if the don't comply call the police.
The drivers have cab protection.
We will never beat this with virus when management adopt this attitude, they should be relieved of there duties
Immediately

Quote from: Mayfield on June 20, 2020, 09:09:01 PM
How pathetic, just tell the passenger they are not getting on the bus, if the don't comply call the police.
And what if they are exempt, do you tell them they can't get on?

To be honest there is a high compliance anyway from the buses I've seen going past me - maybe 80%? And some people will be exempt, so probably only a small minority not following the guidelines.

In regards to drivers being protected. Have a look at this. Surely this wouldn't happen if they are protected.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/hunt-man-who-allegedly-spat-18146608
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mayfield

Passengers need to prove exemption, why should law abiding people be put at risk by idiots.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk