News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

QuoteThat's the best news ever, bye bye Scanias
I never understood the hate with scania's, their great buses
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

Quote from: BBS on Yesterday at 11:35:40 AMI never understood the hate with scania's, their great buses
Try 43 seats on a journey needed 73, and a lot of those 43 seats mean knees are against the seat in front.

TGZac

Quote from: Steve3229vp on Yesterday at 11:24:37 AMThat's the best news ever, bye bye Scanias
I'd imagine PB keeping some for the 28, 71 and 96 because they go under low bridges that the electrics can't go under.

BBS

QuoteTry 43 seats on a journey needed 73, and a lot of those 43 seats mean knees are against the seat in front.
Other than comfort wise their pretty good 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

Quote from: BBS on Yesterday at 12:14:51 PMOther than comfort wise their pretty good
Comfort is one of the most important things if you want passengers!

They also rotted quite quickly an parts are expensive

Steve3229vp

Quote from: BBS on Yesterday at 12:14:51 PMOther than comfort wise their pretty good
They're rubbish, they are uncomfortable, they're noisy and they're  cramped

EK40

basically the whole passenger experience on them is just not up to standard tbh, cramped,leaking roofs,often smell like oil and fuel in the back, would take a B7RLE over one any day of the week. only a streetlite is worse from my experience tbh.

markcf83

Quote from: BBS on Yesterday at 11:35:40 AMI never understood the hate with scania's, their great buses
They're virtually bombproof. Never been on a Scania that's broken down subsequently when I've been on one.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Ronnoc

It was about time for a bit of change on the inner circle. The omnilinks were faithful, but were always rammed during peak hours.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on Yesterday at 02:20:48 PMThey're virtually bombproof. Never been on a Scania that's broken down subsequently when I've been on one.
They're not, they are the lower end of the reliability stakes, all the withdrawals in the last two years have been due do breakdowns needing expensive repairs.

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: Tony on Yesterday at 02:36:40 PMThey're not, they are the lower end of the reliability stakes, all the withdrawals in the last two years have been due do breakdowns needing expensive repairs.
Like 1920,1914 etc...

Westy

I suppose the 'best' examples will be kept until they drop?

Jack

I would happily take a Scania over a B7 anyday. The constant moaning about Scania's is very tiresome. I don't hear the same notion with garages that have way too many B7's on Decker routes. The B7's legroom is hardly an improvement either.

Also the Urban 2's must be the most have the most boring sound. Nothing compared to the Urban 1's. The E200MMC's aren't anything of an improvement either!

Tony

Quote from: Jack on Yesterday at 08:33:37 PMI would happily take a Scania over a B7 anyday. The constant moaning about Scania's is very tiresome. I don't hear the same notion with garages that have way too many B7's on Decker routes. The B7's legroom is hardly an improvement either.

Also the Urban 2's must be the most have the most boring sound. Nothing compared to the Urban 1's. The E200MMC's aren't anything of an improvement either!
The B7s are the most reliable diesel bus in the fleet and when a major unit fails it's a surprise, not expected like a Scania. Both the Volvo chassis and the Wrights body have very little rot on them. Even simple things like a skirt panel for an eclipse can be made at West Bromwich's sheet metal shop in house cheaply where a Scania skirt panel is a complicated design that has to be bought in and is expensive.

Lukeee

Quote from: EK40 on Yesterday at 12:39:19 PMbasically the whole passenger experience on them is just not up to standard tbh, cramped,leaking roofs,often smell like oil and fuel in the back, would take a B7RLE over one any day of the week. only a streetlite is worse from my experience tbh.
Streetlite is nicer to drive than an omnilink, a shame really as scania make some decent coaches compared to the buses 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk