News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

Quote from: don on January 26, 2024, 11:57:12 PM@Tony has only mentioned all PB's diesel double deckers being replaced - there are 99 currently (by my reckoning - which may or may not be accurate!! ) 🤣
When this happens I think Perry Barr should give some double deckers to Walsall, looks like they've been struggling because they have been putting singles on the 51 ect recently, then maybe they can sort something out with the 4s and get doubles on the 4 as really needs them.

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 28, 2024, 07:18:22 PMWhen this happens I think Perry Barr should give some double deckers to Walsall, looks like they've been struggling because they have been putting singles on the 51 ect recently, then maybe they can sort something out with the 4s and get doubles on the 4 as really needs them.
I think you should take the time to read back through this and other threads, because I'm sure we've been over all this before.

In short:
- the overall fleet has far too many single decks for what is actually needed, and one of the aims of the current delivery of 300 new electric double decks is to reduce the number of singles.
- the 4/4H/4M can't have double decks due to the bridge height restriction at Sandwell & Dudley station.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

jasmine

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2024, 08:51:40 PMOn the red livery which you claim you didn't see
Speaking of red and blue liveries, why did a few Cov E400 MMCs have the red TfWM livery as opposed to the sky blue one?
16/16A "enjoyer"

JosephR

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 28, 2024, 07:18:22 PMWhen this happens I think Perry Barr should give some double deckers to Walsall, looks like they've been struggling because they have been putting singles on the 51 ect recently, then maybe they can sort something out with the 4s and get doubles on the 4 as really needs them.
I have a funny feeling the 16 branded will go WB. And the Sutton's will go AG. and the e400 tridents YW

frostjay974

Quote from: Stu on January 28, 2024, 07:26:10 PMI think you should take the time to read back through this and other threads, because I'm sure we've been over all this before.

In short:
- the overall fleet has far too many single decks for what is actually needed, and one of the aims of the current delivery of 300 new electric double decks is to reduce the number of singles.
- the 4/4H/4M can't have double decks due to the bridge height restriction at Sandwell & Dudley station.

Which buses does this affect because during the covid lockdown I remember seeing pictures of MMCs and regular e400s on them as of http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6750.html

Jack

Quote from: frostjay974 on January 28, 2024, 10:54:59 PMWhich buses does this affect because during the covid lockdown I remember seeing pictures of MMCs and regular e400s on them as of http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6750.html
All double deckers as signage was changed.

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: markcf83 on January 27, 2024, 02:54:51 PMThey'd be changing their tune if they were forced to pay for one bus......
i fully agree, that was my point :grin:
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

ellspurs

Quote from: frostjay974 on January 28, 2024, 10:54:59 PMWhich buses does this affect because during the covid lockdown I remember seeing pictures of MMCs and regular e400s on them as of http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/5001-9959/6750.html

Quote from: Jack on January 29, 2024, 02:04:48 AMAll double deckers as signage was changed.
https://www.blackcountryradio.co.uk/news/local-headlines/warning-to-drivers-as-height-restriction-reduced-on-oldbury-bridge/ as per what @Jack has said.

Dababa015

Not related to nxwm but just seen a wright gb kite electric one (idk name) from first heading towards city centre by stock field road.

markcf83

Quote from: jasmine on January 28, 2024, 08:53:35 PMSpeaking of red and blue liveries, why did a few Cov E400 MMCs have the red TfWM livery as opposed to the sky blue one?
Loaned or short term transfers I think. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on January 30, 2024, 02:59:16 PMLoaned or short term transfers I think.
It was just they had the blue changed to red just before the electrics arrived so they were ready for transfer

EK40

Quote from: Dababa015 on January 30, 2024, 01:34:14 PMNot related to nxwm but just seen a wright gb kite electric one (idk name) from first heading towards city centre by stock field road.
most likely just going to greysons in tyseley (or from) quite a lot of electroliners from all over the country there, and two brand new enviro 400ev demos in a camo livery.

Wba_lad

Just seen a national express West Midlands branded new electric and great Barr just now, anyone know what one this was please?

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 01, 2024, 12:42:06 PMJust seen a national express West Midlands branded new electric and great Barr just now, anyone know what one this was please?
It will be one of PB's E165 or E167 but I don't know which will be there at the time you saw

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on February 01, 2024, 02:08:55 PMIt will be one of PB's E165 or E167 but I don't know which will be there at the time you saw
Oh, what was the one you was on the M6 near great Barr, I seen you driving 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk