News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: winston on January 27, 2024, 12:13:28 PMIt's just a display, Tony has said previously he often uses NXC route 11 to test displays / NSA's
Ok thanks. By the way I haven't read every message of every section of this forum so there are of course some things that have been mentioned that I haven't seen. 
5/51/X51/529

winston

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 27, 2024, 03:32:52 PMOk thanks. By the way I haven't read every message of every section of this forum so there are of course some things that have been mentioned that I haven't seen.
The livery it carries will tell you far more than the display. Especially as that one has been vinyled up in full.

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: winston on January 27, 2024, 05:06:22 PMThe livery it carries will tell you far more than the display. Especially as that one has been vinyled up in full.
Couldn't quite see the livery due to cars surrounding the vehicle unfortunately.
5/51/X51/529

Gareth

When electric chargers are fitted at garages, how many are actually needed? Is it one per bus? So when YW had 20 delivered did they need 20 chargers installed? Same with CV and PB.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on January 27, 2024, 05:37:19 PMWhen electric chargers are fitted at garages, how many are actually needed? Is it one per bus? So when YW had 20 delivered did they need 20 chargers installed? Same with CV and PB.
Ideally, yes, so each bus in the garage overnight is charged ready for the morning peak, but some buses will always be under maintenance, so it's not quite 100% that's neede

winston

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 27, 2024, 05:32:30 PMCouldn't quite see the livery due to cars surrounding the vehicle unfortunately.
Exactly my point, you could have looked at the main site & would have seen it was in NXWM livery, that's why Tony spends so much of his time taking & uploading photos etc

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: winston on January 27, 2024, 06:14:05 PMExactly my point, you could have looked at the main site & would have seen it was in NXWM livery, that's why Tony spends so much of his time taking & uploading photos etc
Well unfortunately for you, my first thought wasn't to check the main site. I'm sorry if that affected you so much. 
5/51/X51/529

winston

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 27, 2024, 06:16:10 PMWell unfortunately for you, my first thought wasn't to check the main site. I'm sorry if that affected you so much.
Maybe it should be next time then. 

Tony

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 27, 2024, 06:16:10 PMWell unfortunately for you, my first thought wasn't to check the main site. I'm sorry if that affected you so much.
If you saw the blinds you would have seen lots of red, not blue livery, the whole of the panel around the destination is red

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2024, 06:18:44 PMIf you saw the blinds you would have seen lots of red, not blue livery, the whole of the panel around the destination is red
Unfortunately I only saw the back display of the bus. I will make an effort to check the main site before posting again though 👍 
5/51/X51/529

Tony

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 27, 2024, 06:22:02 PMUnfortunately I only saw the back display of the bus. 

How did you know it was E167?

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2024, 06:46:30 PMHow did you know it was E167?
Because it said E167 on the back
5/51/X51/529

Tony

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 27, 2024, 06:51:49 PMBecause it said E167 on the back
On the red livery which you claim you didn't see

JosephR

Are these deliveries, garage upgrades instead of route upgrades? 
it'll take till one garage' fleet is replaced then onto the next garage. Instead of some here for these routes some there for them? 

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2024, 08:51:40 PMOn the red livery which you claim you didn't see
I'm sorry, but I don't really pay attention to the fine details of a bus when i'm focusing on the road. I saw E167 on a back of a black bus, with the back display showing nxcoventry. Clearly the red wasn't very noticeable or I would've seen it!
5/51/X51/529

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk