News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Ian Hardy on July 05, 2020, 07:43:32 PM
But only if the electricity that was used to charge them up at YW was generated using emission free methods, if not then there have been emissions somewhere?

It reminds me when they introduced the electric Metroriders in Oxford and everybody was saying how brilliant they were as they removed pollution from Oxford City Centre. Someone drew a cartoon of a Metrorider and in the background was Didcot power station with all it's pollution:-)

NX buy renewable electricity as it says on the side of some of the buses

Tony

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2020, 07:59:48 PM

See slogan at the back
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/E001/E004.html

Busboy105

You can buy electricity?

Pat

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 05, 2020, 08:33:53 PM
You can buy electricity?
Erm...yes!  Of course you can buy electricity!  How do you think we all get ours?

Busboy105

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 05, 2020, 08:33:53 PM
You can buy electricity?

I presume you're household pays for their electricity and doesn't just take it from a Street light

Pat

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 05, 2020, 08:49:43 PM
How?
Suppliers.  British Gas, Scottish Power, Octopus the list goes on...

WyreForestShuttle

Companies do not buy renewable electricity out of the goodness of thier heart there are major tax allowances which claimed reduce the Advanced Corporation Tax paid. The reliefs reduce the overall tax bill of the company similarly schemes such as the PAT box allowances allow enhanced capital expenditure on assets. Although most schemes end up revenue netural to The Treasury this is exclipised by encouraging companies to bring in climate change friendly schemes for the benefit of all beloved of politicians.

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2020, 08:50:23 PM

I presume you're household pays for their electricity and doesn't just take it from a Street light
No I use my neighbours  ;D

Stevo

Went on E014 on the 6  today. Sorry to say I was a little disappointed. I expected a silent ride but there's a constant noise from fans in the battery compartment, as loud as a modern diesel engine. At least it was really smooth.

Steve3229vp

I went on one of the electric buses this morning, I can't remember the last time I was so impressed by a new bus, it was quiet, comfortable and fairly quick as well. Verdict 11/10

WM_58

Cov electric bus... surprised by the branding on this one

WM_58

I should point out it's not my photo. It was sent to me by a friend but I believe it's from Instagram.

Tony

Quote from: WM_58 on July 10, 2020, 07:24:30 PM
I should point out it's not my photo. It was sent to me by a friend but I believe it's from Instagram.

What is the surprise?

WM_58

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2020, 07:33:42 PM
What is the surprise?

I think the Cov blue is the best of the Platinum branding, but as far as these electric buses go I guess I was expecting something a bit more in your face to showcase a cleaner and greener future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk